Sundown Audio

good 12k amps

MACnonsence6

lengh is not my problem for an amp my max size is like 44 ish wide and 3-4 tall deff not enough room to stack a pair of amps

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Taramp's 14.2k or 20.2k.

But honestly, i'd be more along the lines of 2 HD-8000s.

The T line from Taramp's is not suggested to run over 13.0v under FULL load. Pay close attention to what that means.

This is easy to do.. just dont run a lot of alternator support and it's fine.

The 20k is 89% efficient at 1ohm, the most single efficient 12v high powered amp on the planet.

For 0.5ohm burps, it can only be for that, for burps.

MOSFET RMS limitation is 140A. This amp will produce 142A at a true 1ohm load at less than 0.3%THD.

So 2-3 sec burps are crucial for running at 0.5ohm.

Running at 2ohm daily, do not allow amplifier to max it's Rail Voltage out (175vrms) or subject it to transistor failure over time.
This is accomplished again by running the amplifier above 13.0v under max load.

Wiring to 2ohm, estimated output at rise to 4ohm is 8-9,000w.

to obtain 20,000w rise to 1ohm, you will need over 1,000aH of batteries.

Failure to accommodate recommended battery requirement will force voltage drop below 12.6v(rated output to 20,200w) forcing install to have impedance curve gain greater than 1ohm losing potential power.

IE- user who ran T20k wired to 0.35ohms rose to over 3 ohms actual on just 4 D3100s.

this is a large amplifier and you must have power to make power.

468.png

Taramps got the numbers, but are soo scary. The Brazil amps failure rate is high. I know it may have been different companies giving the bad name to all. But Taramps have been there to, and manuals in English weren't around. Is that still true.

That's only because Taramp's system requirements are different than other non brazilian buildhouses.

I have the info now... Taramp's is getting very popular now since the US now knows their requurements.

simply put- the T series, needs to be ran below 13.0v under full load. If not full load, up to 14.9v is capable as long as the rail voltage doesn't exceed around 175vac causing longterm transistor failure or the mosfets not continuously driving at or over 140aac.

The HD series play range is 11 - 14v under max load or up to 15.9v without.

As you can see.. interesting trend here.

Not only does Taramp's cost less price to performance but the electrical requirement that the user is forced to play them in saves them money on alternators and batteries because they are very efficient!

They make rated power at 12.6v and max safe power at 13.8v. Perfect for users.

468.png

I understand that they maybe awesome amps, but like I said it's scary running Brazil amps. Come on Shizzon, you know the past history, right. I believe a company can change its rep, I just want others to realize including the OP they are taking a risk.

• 1 year later...
This is an old thread but Im in the market for something similar so thought Id bring it back to life.

My thoughts are....as far as Brazilian amps go. Id go Stetsom and SD over Taramps for a daily or even SPL setup. I just dont have much confidence in them personally.

But, I like the idea of a Crescendo 12k or especially the AB 1100.1 is what Id like to go for as of now.

The kicker Warhorse are pretty badass. But they are HUGE and want lots of powa!

Every single warhorse Ive seen has had issues with it. IMO theyre massive pieces of shit. Very unimpressed by them.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

I would go Taramps for a Brazilian... They're nice amps.. There is also Banda

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived