Just a few update pics, I am going on a cruise this week so I'll be out of the country until Saturday. Decided to throw the subs in Thursday for the USF car meet Friday, the first hour of which was spent wiring up the amp and subs. So keep in mind this is absolutely nowhere near done, I just wanted to throw the subs in to get a baseline number of how loud it's starting off at. Enjoy!

DSCN2986_zps558b69ec.jpg

Ex-gf made me a pair of Pokeballs to hang from the rearview like the dice that some people have. Yes I am a nerd lol bring it on!

DSCN2987_zps20b2eccd.jpg

As I said, still a lot of work left to be done especially on the inside of the box. Haven't done any internal bracing at all but I did pick up a couple pieces of threaded rod for baffle to back wall yesterday.

DSCN2988_zpsc75efbec.jpg

This was me holding the subs up while they got pre-drilled and screwed in from the front. These are some heavy motherlovers

DSCN2990_zps6a2d8324.jpg

And this was my peak during the car meet. Hopped on the meter for a little and played around, this was the best score I got. Not sure if this was everything sealed up or driver's window down with everything sealed up, but it was one of those two. I metered two different times trying to find peak and then play around with different things in vehicle.

1503354hz_zps3d57021f.jpg

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I got the 150.33 at 54 hz above by the way, not the 140 haha. Still pretty sad about it considering what I've got, but I did noticed a couple different things the day after the meet when I was driving around actually playing with it. I have insane baffle flex. This will be fixed with the 2 pieces of 3/4 inch threaded rod I picked up the other day. The bottom of the front doors also go complete ape shit too, I am going to be adding more deadener on them when I get back to Tampa. There is already 2 layers on there however.

And I'm not even sure I'm laying into them as much as I can. They seem to barely be moving at higher frequencies and my voltage drops from 14.9 on the vm-1 to 14.0 full tilt. That's with 1 DC Power 270xp and 4 Xp3000s/2 D3100s. I'm not too experienced but could I just have really high box rise? And how would I figure this out/go about changing it? Trying to learn as much as I can as I go and am looking forward to the road ahead. Glad to have gotten a 50 but I know there is so much more potential to be had here. Thanks for checking it out!

your ok with a 50, with a 9k ?

(sorry, im not trying to be a dick)

edit- your not even off alt power, wire lower

No, I didn't take it as you being a dick. It is what it is, I see a few areas where I can definitely improve and where I'm losing pressure. I'm not sealed off, have baffle flex, have no port (that port is literally 4 3/4 inch baffles deep so it's tuned to 48hz), and the inside is not even finished.

I just wanted to throw it in so I could hop on the meter while I had a chance, just so I can see what things will provide me with gains and how much of a gain as I continue to work on it. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm pretty sad about only getting a 50 and at 54 hz at that, but it's giving me more motivation to improve and learn.

I am wired at 1 ohm though lol, so if I were to wire lower it'd have to be at .25 and I am NOT about that life quite yet haha

it looks like you can seal the box a bit better.. your setup is capable of more

That it is, I plan on doing some more work on it before the next time I meter. What do you mean by sealing the box better though, you mean sealing it off from the back of the car at the b pillar? That is on the to do list but I have a few other things I'm planning on doing first such as threaded rod front to back & side to side, and also smoothing inside of the enclosure a bit more and building an actual port.

your peak is REALLY 54 hz ????

i cant even understand that ??

I have no port whatsoever. It comes out to be tuned somewhere around 50 hz when I calculated it. I will be building an actual port since it doesn't play much lower than mid 30s at the moment.

recone those subs and wire it down to .5 or even .35 if you wanna get ballsy.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

i dont even think its tuned.. looks like its just a hole.. and i meant seal the wall

you should have gone with 15's.. you would have done better or maybe you need a better design so you can get the subs a little lower to be able to build a proper port.. could be tuned to 70hz with just a hole there

Archived