94 Ford Beast-350 OBS CCLB - Motor is done, need to sell, questions-please help

Haha no I cant remeber what they did with it but I do remember jon and jonny were going back and fourth about it asking what was decided about fixing it....they may have sent it over to dc with rusty or something..cant member

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Ok guys, after careful consideration and re reading all of your posts and suggestions I've come up with a plan. I'll be back when I have a few moments and update the results.

Big thank you to you all for your words of support and your opinions. I greatly appreciate it.

Ok here we go. Here's the latest.

My wife and I sat down on Saturday and Sunday (yes it took two days of talking and convincing and compromising to get to this resolution, but that's what we do, and that's why we're going strong after 10 years of putting up with my shit!) and talked out some thoughts and plans and readjusted plans and compromises to come to this final point and decision.

Number one: The Beast-350 will go on! That is the important part! I can now keep this as my hobby/project vehicle and do whatever I want to it. We don't owe anything on it aside of insurance, and we're never going to get back out of it what we've already put in it, so it's pretty much a wash as far as my wife is concerned.

Number two: We're still getting my sister in law's 2006 Ford F-250 Lariat CCSB. This one will do the working, towing trailers, landscape work and projects around the house, working side jobs in construction for me etc. This is the compromise. I can't do anything to this one. The exception is, I can put wheels and tires on it, and no more than 2" lift on it. But most likely will just do a level kit so that the tires will clear. I can put audio in it if I want to, but it won't be much. Small sq type system most likely.

NOW, all that said, I've already come up with some plans for the Beast-350 project.

We all know that now the engine is getting torn apart for the heads etc. I'm going to go ahead and have the heads cleaned and surfaced, rebuilt with better parts, and possibly a small performance boost but not much. I'm also contemplating at this point, because I'm so deep into it already, taking the whole motor out and tearing it down completely and having the deck zero'd out, maybe new rings etc. Not 100% sure on that yet, cause frankly I've never pulled a motor before. Makes me nervous and excited at the same time. The main issue why I'm thinking about it is because the oil pan gasket has a major leak in it. I'm doing all this work and i'm planning on painting the heads and parts to make it look nice, if I clean it and don't fix that gasket, it'll just be a big oily mess again in no time. But then when I have it out to do that, why not make all new again. So That's the motor. Noone really is all that interested in that here right.

You all wanna hear the rest don't you? :peepwall:

I've always wanted a real tall truck. I've had a level kit before, on my 06 F350 CCLB with the 6.0 Powerstroke, and I loved it even thought that's not tall. I've had a chevy Silverado with a 4" lift before. That was nice. But in all honesty, didn't seem much more than the F350 with the level kit. What i want is real tall. NOT JON RABE SKY HIGH GMC TALL!! But about half that, maybe.

Right now I have a 3.5" RSK (reverse shackle kit) up front and that gives me about 3-3.5" up front. With that kit I got 5" blocks for the back which brought that up about 1-1.5". I think some of you saw that on my other threads posted in the OP on here. It sits pretty damn perfectly level right now. What I want it to add 8" on top of it. Then I know I'll need some traction bars, and I'm honestly thinking about making my own. Jury is still out on that though.

Once that's all figured out, I'll be going to some 20" wheels with some 38 or 40's for tires. We'll see how that all works out and what will look best.

Then the truck will get a shell most likely. I just love the look of these OBS's with the shell on them. Especially lifted high and all that. YUM!

Then a complete paint job. Thinking I'm going to go black or a really dark charcoal that looks almost black. I'm going to remove the side trims, and fill all those holes in. Smooth sides.

Front and rear custom bumpers. Nothing outrageous, but something subtle and yet mean looking.

The whole front end will get replaced with new grill, new lights etc. Projectors will be what I aim for as far as headlights go. Fog lights, and maybe some extra spot lights. I will probably get the visor for over the windshield, and clear lights on those as well. Not sure what to do on the mirrors yet. I don't like the ones that are there, but not sure what else to go with that will still keep that OBS look and yet dress it up. I'll figure something out.

The bed of the truck, with the shell, will get a carpet kit that I'll most likely make myself.

Now that we've addressed all or most of the exterior cosmetics, let's talk turkey! The audio plan!!!!!!!!!

I could've never done this with a vehicle that had to be family friendly. I may still opt to go a different direction, but I've always wanted a wall!!! I may still get one and have a nice interior as well. But I was looking at removing the back seat and walling it off. No, I wasn't thinking 15's or 18's. I have a partial fondness to 12's! I was thinking 8 12's in a ported wall. I'm thinking just at the B pillars, or wherever it lands anyway. I'm guessing I'll need about 12 cubes before even talking port. This truck is big, so probably going to have plenty of space for that. I'm thinking of either getting 2 more crescendo 3500's and running one per pair, or getting one big amp or 2 large amps. Not sure, I'm not all the way thought out on it. Batteries will be in boxes welded under the cab of the truck, lots of space under there. I haven't decided on doors and stuff like that yet. I almost 100% want to go tablet in the dash. I've talked about it for years and it's never materialized and I know I can make it happen in this. I'm also not against still doing a blow through. I would love to figure out how to do a blow through with 8 12's. I'm wondering if I could do a 4th through the rear window or something. Not sure. I'll have to get with some of the guys and get some ideas. Probably going to go to level 4's, or maybe even 3's. We'll see. I doubt I'll be able to get 6 more xl's.

So after all that is decided, and that build starts happening or is done, then I'll address the interior, but the interior is getting a complete make over as well.

So those are my pipe dreams, and I can make that happen over a long period of time I'm sure. It's already starting with the motor, so that will be coming soon. The pictures anyway. I'm sure some of you won't want to see that, cause it's not audio but some will so i'm going to post them up.

I'm happy to hear anyone's thoughts, suggestions, opinions, whatever. This is my dream that has the opportunity to become reality. I'm very excited about this.

As for me, I have to go make a budget now.

Thanks for tuning in, and all the support as always!!

Ok little update guys.

I'm just about there with the motor. I'm getting closer to getting it broken down. I think I'm going to go ahead and go the full mile and pull the whole thing. Then while the heads are off getting fixed up, I can address some other things that need to be addressed, like the leaky oil pan, and change out the oil pump, and paint some things, clean some things up, etc. Getting excited. I can't wait to hear this thing fire up! I'm so very far from that right now, but I think it'll go pretty quickly once I get the stuff apart, and the new parts ordered!

Hard to get lots of work done on it, I have a side job working right now, and soccer started with my girls so they have practice 4 nights a week. Doesn't leave me much time to wrench on this thing. But, I try to make good progress with the short times that I have.

Stay tuned, it's gonna be a nice ride!!

Archived