brent379 Posted May 14, 2014 Report Posted May 14, 2014 Hey guys does anyone have any experience with digital designs 6.5 component set? Can't really find any reviews on then. They don't look bad! Advertised to cover all the way down to 40hz for 190$!! I'm going to be doing some door pods in the subie and I want to put 2 component sets in each door. Mainly looking for some good clean mid bass.
GSanders17 Posted May 14, 2014 Report Posted May 14, 2014 I assume you're talking about the cs components. I had a pair in my Altima and loved them. They are really nice entry level set. Not sure about them playing as low as 40hz. I don't remember what the dd crossover is set at but I had my deck crossed over at 65hz and they sounded pretty good.
brent379 Posted May 14, 2014 Author Report Posted May 14, 2014 yes those ones lol I'm not sure about then going that low either...that's pretty low for a 6.5 but you never know. Did you have them on a amp or just off head unit power?
GSanders17 Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 I ran them off a memphis 4ch. I had the front channels bridged to one pair and the rear bridged to the other. Alot more power than they are rated at but they handled it fine. I have since sold the car to a friend and they are still playing to this very day.
GSanders17 Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 I shouldn't have said pair. Bridged to the crossover that ran one tweeter and one mid.
n8ball2013 Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 Ive got three pair in my truck. they are pretty nice. im happy with them. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
dolarbilz Posted June 2, 2014 Report Posted June 2, 2014 How's the mid bass ? I herd set seem lacking. Have you seen the new BC 6.5 by DD damm nice looking.
kirill007 Posted June 2, 2014 Report Posted June 2, 2014 How's the mid bass ? I herd set seem lacking. Have you seen the new BC 6.5 by DD damm nice looking. I'm not commenting on the DD's, but in general: Install is very important to get all the midbass out of them. I don't think I've seen more then 1 or 2 installs on this site where people installed components properly. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.