Karkov Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 Here is my current configuration, I think I can get more....effectiveness? (is that the word I was looking for?) I am thinking about adding a mid to where the two in the door are now and then moving the tweets up higher in the door possibly. The one in the kick will stay and I am adding a 1" tweet to each A pillar so i think 2 - 1" in each door but higher will make sense. Am I way off? Suggestions? where should I put what? I am trying to keep door panels as stock as possible thus why I would add a mid to where they are now to cover up where their holes used to be. Tweets down low is shitty, right? lol Please help, thanks! oh and each side is the same 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
truthsayer Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 My personal preference is tweeters ear level in the A pillars. truthsayer
Kyblack76 Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 id keep em together. just me... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
bushroot Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 My personal preference is tweeters ear level in the A pillars. ^ What he said. Most high frequency drivers aren't so great off-axis. Cars, surprisingly don't behave like your living room though. get some double sided tape and do some experimenting!
islandpride684 Posted June 4, 2014 Report Posted June 4, 2014 Here is my current configuration, I think I can get more....effectiveness? (is that the word I was looking for?) I am thinking about adding a mid to where the two in the door are now and then moving the tweets up higher in the door possibly. The one in the kick will stay and I am adding a 1" tweet to each A pillar so i think 2 - 1" in each door but higher will make sense. Am I way off? Suggestions? where should I put what? I am trying to keep door panels as stock as possible thus why I would add a mid to where they are now to cover up where their holes used to be. Tweets down low is shitty, right? lol Please help, thanks! oh and each side is the same it wont work for the passenger side if you add another speaker there....you wont be able to open your glove compartment...that is why my setup looks like the way it is...shit sucked because i didnt find out till after i cut the damn door panel....unless you dont plan on using your glove compartment again then I would go for it.... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Karkov Posted June 4, 2014 Author Report Posted June 4, 2014 Here is my current configuration, I think I can get more....effectiveness? (is that the word I was looking for?) I am thinking about adding a mid to where the two in the door are now and then moving the tweets up higher in the door possibly. The one in the kick will stay and I am adding a 1" tweet to each A pillar so i think 2 - 1" in each door but higher will make sense. Am I way off? Suggestions? where should I put what? I am trying to keep door panels as stock as possible thus why I would add a mid to where they are now to cover up where their holes used to be. Tweets down low is shitty, right? lol Please help, thanks! oh and each side is the same it wont work for the passenger side if you add another speaker there....you wont be able to open your glove compartment...that is why my setup looks like the way it is...shit sucked because i didnt find out till after i cut the damn door panel....unless you dont plan on using your glove compartment again then I would go for it.... oh damn man, good thought, thanks so much!!! time again to rethink FML 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
KMS Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 I find the area on the inside of the door on the other side of the side mirror to be great. Or on the dash playing off the windshield gave a wider soundstage in my experience. Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
TaylorFade Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 Move the one in the kick and run all (3) in the pillars. It's likely to be a hot mess if you don't keep them all together.
TRON Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 I agree with the A pillars. Better to have them closer to ear level imo. Take a look at a professional recording studio, they don't put the monitors on the ground facing your legs. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.