Civic Wall Build 4 DC XLm2 15's It is playing videos on Friday Pics updated

Ok fine I am the next in line after you and him lol

HAHAHAHAH

I've been waiting for 3 years to see this get done! Nice work! Carbon doesn't like me much, so I'll sit back and watch you work. I like it so far.

I'm seriously very interested in how the suspension responds to this much weight, and the motor too. I've only got 2 12's in a ported birch enclosure, 2 3500's, a couple symphony amps, and 6 xp 950's in the back, and I'm on coilovers and they're maxed out in height just to sit level. They are not happy and I've noticed a huge difference in motor performance between lugging the weight around and the h/o alt.

Of course I have the ex and he has an si, but it's only .2L difference. Anyway, very curious to see how it all plays out.

Keep up the good work!

Ok well I don't know what you guys issues are with each other, all I ask is no drama in the build thread. I have no problems with anyone I just do work and try to make the audio world a better place HEHEHE!

Thanks!

It is handling the weight very well won't know about engine drag and the weight of driving it until it is done, I would assume even with the pure awesomeness that is holding it up it will drive differently. The weight alone changes braking and taking curves at higher speed by alot. It is one of those things you feel out and get used to.

As far as differences between honda civics and all that let's leave that out, I am not an authority on 4 cylinder power I just build systems and try to do the best I can.

I drive a Hyundai Veloster hatchback and my car starts, stops, and handles so much differently with the weight of my system in it. The wall raises the center of gravity too. Like you said, you just have to feel it out and get used to it. The car should handle it just fine but you can't take turns like you used to.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

HAHAHAHAH

I've been waiting for 3 years to see this get done! Nice work! Carbon doesn't like me much, so I'll sit back and watch you work. I like it so far.

I'm seriously very interested in how the suspension responds to this much weight, and the motor too. I've only got 2 12's in a ported birch enclosure, 2 3500's, a couple symphony amps, and 6 xp 950's in the back, and I'm on coilovers and they're maxed out in height just to sit level. They are not happy and I've noticed a huge difference in motor performance between lugging the weight around and the h/o alt.

Of course I have the ex and he has an si, but it's only .2L difference. Anyway, very curious to see how it all plays out.

Keep up the good work!

Ok well I don't know what you guys issues are with each other, all I ask is no drama in the build thread. I have no problems with anyone I just do work and try to make the audio world a better place HEHEHE!

Thanks!

It is handling the weight very well won't know about engine drag and the weight of driving it until it is done, I would assume even with the pure awesomeness that is holding it up it will drive differently. The weight alone changes braking and taking curves at higher speed by alot. It is one of those things you feel out and get used to.

As far as differences between honda civics and all that let's leave that out, I am not an authority on 4 cylinder power I just build systems and try to do the best I can.

I drive a Hyundai Veloster hatchback and my car starts, stops, and handles so much differently with the weight of my system in it. The wall raises the center of gravity too. Like you said, you just have to feel it out and get used to it. The car should handle it just fine but you can't take turns like you used to.

Exactly!

HAHAHAHAH

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Oh no drama here I just wanna see this thing finally get finished. It sounds like you're just the guy to get it done! SO I applaud you my friend.

Yeah it makes a big difference and does take some getting used to for sure. I was just curious.

Carry on, I'm excited to see some more.

HAHAHAHAH

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Oh no drama here I just wanna see this thing finally get finished. It sounds like you're just the guy to get it done! SO I applaud you my friend.

Yeah it makes a big difference and does take some getting used to for sure. I was just curious.

Carry on, I'm excited to see some more.

Well let's see how far I can get on her this weekend. Down to the finishing stuff and doing it right takes time I think I can get pretty close may have a few things to finish up next weekend, may have it playing this weekend for fun who knows....

:popcorn: is all I will say :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Mo photos!!!!! Man, I may have to get my lazy azz up to MD to check this out. :asskiss:

Wroking on uploading photos right now. Will get an update up soon. :buttlick:

:popcorn: is all I will say :)

Blah blah blah etc etc etc :wackit3:

Well got the wall basically finished but it is not playing yet. 1 sub is in and amps power and ground, battery bank and fuses are all done and in. It is wrapped and what is left as far as the wall is too mount the other 3 subs and a small touch up or 2 and it is complete. Did not get any pics of where it sits now Saturday turned into a long ass day and after 13 hours I could not see right anymore and called it. I was trying hard to get done but you just can't rush through this stuff takes time.

On of the big and crazy things that happened the people at Joann's fabrics told him that this is what he was after and well the fabric was nothing I had ever seen before. It was the thinnest material with a wool backing, I had a feeling as soon as I saw it that it was not going to be easy, but he had already bought it and I don't waste peoples money. Normally with something like this I would have used contact cement but this was supposed to be something different so we had super 90. As we started putting it on it looked great then moments later it started shriveling up and wrinkling, again something I had never seen. Worked it for hours until I got all the weird pretty much out.

Well here are the pics.

Started Friday with drilling the holes in the box for wires and all thread.

20140606_190428.jpg

20140606_183658.jpg

20140606_183636.jpg

20140606_183616.jpg

20140606_202632.jpg

20140606_210616.jpg

20140606_210602.jpg

Then got the baffle in and the holes for all thread in it

20140606_214005.jpg

20140606_221517.jpg

Clearance between all threads

20140606_221525.jpg

Then I started working on the templates for the flush mount/3rd baffle

20140606_232922.jpg

Passenger side bottom

20140606_232949.jpg

Passenger side top

20140606_233023.jpg

Drivers side top

20140606_233218.jpg

Drivers side bottom

20140606_233228.jpg

Then made the actual baffles had to make them in 2 piece due to the vehicle being a tiny little honda hehe

20140607_001341.jpg

20140607_001346.jpg

That is as far as it got Friday night I think was getting the baffles made.

Saturday started making holes for the flush mount

20140607_123204.jpg

20140607_123242.jpg

20140607_123314.jpg

20140607_123435.jpg

20140607_123429.jpg

Cutting the holes out with Jasper jig and router

20140607_123714.jpg

20140607_123805.jpg

Test fitting the subs

20140607_023110.jpg

That fits nice right there

20140607_125212.jpg

Baffles glued and screwed together

20140607_142308.jpg

20140607_142316.jpg

20140607_142354.jpg

Tried to get every angle

20140607_142358.jpg

20140607_142403.jpg

Raged the port

20140607_161848.jpg

Filled any extra holes

20140607_161853.jpg

Got the all thread back in and secured

20140607_161905.jpg

Test fit the headliner to make sure I had cut it at the right spot

20140607_161934.jpg

20140607_161947.jpg

Painted the port

20140607_193545.jpg

Then wrapped it this is the last pic I took as it started getting late and we were tired and well GFY

20140607_221908.jpg

The extra in the one hole is cut and the port has been cut and folded in and trimmed out. and 1 sub is wired and in. All thread is also in through front back and secured as well.

Archived