Know nothing alt builder...... for no nothing big boy comp winner

I always wanted to swap out my three 390xp's for 3 of mikes units just to try them.

More than likely I would make any change but his alts are bad ass.

More than likely if I ever put a small setup in my car it would probably get fitted with a singer unit just because its the one company I never experienced yet first hand

honestly bro. i wouldnt unless you go hairpin. my singer cant keep up with my AC, lights, and dual electric fans and im running a 350a singer.. alt gets supper hot and at idle i drop to 12.5 on my SMD meter and i havent even installed my amps.. for the big 3 im running 2/0 sky high ofc so it should be good enough.. i did drive today with everything off and stayed at 14.3 and 14.0 at idle. turned ac and lights on and dropped to 13.4 then 13.1. my mechman does better at idle given its hair pin. my other singer dont give me issues either and its the same model alt. im goint to see if my battery is shot.. i doubt it though. its a few months old and sits and 13.1 over night

Running no amps, you drop to 12.5v? Think there is more to it than that.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

its cool for the first few minutes maybe 15 minutes its at 14.0 with everything on. after the alt gets hot the voltage drops at red lights to 12.5 with stuff on. 13.4 with nothing on. alt gets too hot to the touch.. once i get moving and rpm at 1500+ it climbs back slowly to 14.0.. i know the issue is the alternator getting hot could be the fan they made for it is not cooling it enough. only had it on for 2 weeks and at idle i can hear the bearings starting to grind. it could be the battery with a short cell that is causing the alt to overload and the alt could be working fine. i will have the battery tested and replaced if need be. its a duralast agm group 34. its under warranty for 3 years so i can replace it if its bad.. i can also replace it with a xs d3400 i have sitting that will be used on my other build

i might send it in and have him work on it and make it hairpin.. he does build beast alts and my only issue is with 1 alt.. my other alt is beast and holds solid with aftermarket dual electric fans fuel pump and other shit and holds 14.6 at idle. with a wet cell battery from autozone and no big 3. just one run of cheap 4 gauge wire to the + like i said maybe the issue is the battery or the fan made for it

I always wanted to swap out my three 390xp's for 3 of mikes units just to try them.

More than likely I would make any change but his alts are bad ass.

More than likely if I ever put a small setup in my car it would probably get fitted with a singer unit just because its the one company I never experienced yet first hand

Brian, SORRY, STORY TIME.

At AutoRama this year,.. Justin Yeo was there with his van.

6 18's blah blah. Does 60's on music.

He had a dual alt set up in it. See, i dont DO names.

Mike called me and Laura in the am, we went to breakfast. We got to the second day late. lol.

Anyway, We wondered in, joking and laughing. We get to Yeo's bad bad ass rig.

Of course, they talk about adjusting a 6th order, like i turn on my tv. They chatted for many many minutes. I sat back,..... and couldnt take it all in. Both are way WAY over my head. (tuning the rear last, this an that)

Anyway, hood is popped.

Long story short,

Mike said " Justin, i cant make you anything better, unless you wanna do" Blah blah.

The respect i had for the dude at that moment.... man. He didnt say "oh, fuck what a pile of shit". In fact, he commended the alts.

He is not insecure to be scared of nothing.........

Brian, those alts you have, are fantastic. He will be the first to say.

That said,..... we are coming .. :)

Im pretty sure Kyle has singers picture as his cell phone background.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

its cool for the first few minutes maybe 15 minutes its at 14.0 with everything on. after the alt gets hot the voltage drops at red lights to 12.5 with stuff on. 13.4 with nothing on. alt gets too hot to the touch.. once i get moving and rpm at 1500+ it climbs back slowly to 14.0.. i know the issue is the alternator getting hot could be the fan they made for it is not cooling it enough. only had it on for 2 weeks and at idle i can hear the bearings starting to grind. it could be the battery with a short cell that is causing the alt to overload and the alt could be working fine. i will have the battery tested and replaced if need be. its a duralast agm group 34. its under warranty for 3 years so i can replace it if its bad.. i can also replace it with a xs d3400 i have sitting that will be used on my other build

i might send it in and have him work on it and make it hairpin.. he does build beast alts and my only issue is with 1 alt.. my other alt is beast and holds solid with aftermarket dual electric fans fuel pump and other shit and holds 14.6 at idle. with a wet cell battery from autozone and no big 3. just one run of cheap 4 gauge wire to the + like i said maybe the issue is the battery or the fan made for it

I thought we have the same big case 3phase alt?

Fuck man.. i could NOT be happier..

I see REAL WORLD 280amp HOT over and over and over.....

idle 190-200. HOT...

I can not wait for my hair pin LARGE case.. :)

We have it planned for 500amp, AT IDLE and HOT.

Yup.

And i have the gear to show it... :)

EDIT- and HOT? ive laser'd my alt over 327.lol. And it still does (whatever i have my avbm set at) and never under 250.. ever... and thats music.

Im expecting my large case hair pin to do 250 at IDLE.. and 300 and over degrees.

I thought we have the same big case 3phase alt?

Fuck man.. i could NOT be happier..

I see REAL WORLD 280amp HOT over and over and over.....

idle 190-200. HOT...

I can not wait for my hair pin LARGE case.. :)

We have it planned for 500amp, AT IDLE and HOT.

Yup.

And i have the gear to show it... :)

EDIT- and HOT? ive laser'd my alt over 327.lol. And it still does (whatever i have my avbm set at) and never under 250.. ever... and thats music.

Im expecting my large case hair pin to do 250 at IDLE.. and 300 and over degrees.

i just want to be clear on this.. im not talking bad about singer alts.. its just an issue im having.. ive ran other alternators and also had issues with them. there could be other reasons mine is acting up and maybe is not the alternator at all.. the battery will get load tested tomorrow. maybe i worded my other post wrong since it was late and had a long day at work.. no doubt i will continue to run his alts.. my reply to Brian was not to bash on singer.. the ones he has are beast too and i wouldnt replace them at all unless he goes hairpin.. i might like a brand but it dont mean im going to bash another good company. what Brian decides to run is up to him and i wont bash what he runs because thats not what i run.

Archived