I have a alternator question...

I know it sucks but you're better off waiting. How much money do you have saved towards the alt ? have you contacted mechman or dc or singer yet?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I know it sucks but you're better off waiting. How much money do you have saved towards the alt ? have you contacted mechman or dc or singer yet?

Mechman is $350 for a 240a and I can't have over a 240 because I have a ford(kinda) SUV, Singer is $450 for a 230a.

I asked Mike about payments and he said yes but that is as far as it ever went so I've been leading towards mech over singer at this point but kinda want singer still (better warranties and such)

In the future when you plan a big system, start by upgrading the alt and work out from there, it is wiser and elimiates the temptation to run you gearon subpar electrical.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Mechman is $350 for a 240a and I can't have over a 240 because I have a ford(kinda) SUV, Singer is $450 for a 230a.

I asked Mike about payments and he said yes but that is as far as it ever went so I've been leading towards mech over singer at this point but kinda want singer still (better warranties and such)

Mechman is a solid product and he has a good warranty as well and for $350 I'd say that's a great deal. I spent $700 on my dc 270xp

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

In the future when you plan a big system, start by upgrading the alt and work out from there, it is wiser and elimiates the temptation to run you gearon subpar electrical.

My mom wanted me to buy the subs 1st. Then I can get the amp and something else, which batteries are looking to be cheaper than the alt.

Kinda why I am trying to figure out if Mechman is my only "cheap" option.

My mom wanted me to buy the subs 1st. Then I can get the amp and something else, which batteries are looking to be cheaper than the alt.

You're going to need batts and the alt and I would grab the mechman don't go any cheaper or you will regret it. Also what batts are you planning to run?

You're going to need batts and the alt and I would grab the mechman don't go any cheaper or you will regret it. Also what batts are you planning to run?

Generic batteries that seem to be working for other people where I live, lol! There about $175/piece and I will need 2. If Mike would have replied to be about the payments I would have been good to go but he didn't :/

dc power is the way to go.

guy i know has the 4.6 in his crown vic....has the dc power 270xp on over 20k watts. 200 amps at idle, which is fantastic.

What does that even prove?

Nothing really..

To the OP:

You can always run the amp at 4 ohm instead of 1 ohm and still enjoy it.

Also when you get the new alternator installed, you can wire it at 1 ohm and be surprised.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived