I have a alternator question...

dc power is the way to go.

guy i know has the 4.6 in his crown vic....has the dc power 270xp on over 20k watts. 200 amps at idle, which is fantastic.

What does that even prove?

Nothing really..

To the OP:

You can always run the amp at 4 ohm instead of 1 ohm and still enjoy it.

Also when you get the new alternator installed, you can wire it at 1 ohm and be surprised.

beat to hell helping the car do 160's daily and it still works fine

edit: meanwhile another friend of mine has/had a singer alt that cant support 7k full tilt and a mechman who's regulator went out a couple months after he bought it new, and charged the batts at 18v. after being fixed on his dime, it cant support 7k either. he had the same power in his malibu with a dc 270xp and he didn't drop while idling.

I'd just run 1 sub and 1 battery until you can get the best alt you can afford. You'd be surprised at what stock alts can do and how far they'll go. A trick is to turn it down a few miles from home or where ever your're going, and let the battery charge fully before shutting off the ride. Also volt meters and just looking at how dim your lights go and judge. Buy another stock one from the junk yard for a back up.

Sadly I couldn't upgrade my alt, but it's still going strong after harsh winters, dimming the crap outta the lights, and had it for about 3 years now. A good battery goes a long way.

I'd go mechman, it's all everyone usually ever talks about and can't see stinger "specializing" in alts, although who knows. If it's way too much for your current alt wired down, or if you can't wire down to 1 sub at all, then don't do it. Just save up and wait.

For next time, get the alt and amp first, then used or crap subs, and experiment, see what they can do LOL.

Yea but how long you gotta wait for the DC alts, fucking forver

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Yea but how long you gotta wait for the DC alts, fucking forver

yet they're the only aftermarket alt company that OEM's for huge companies.

Man.. must mean they are cool.

(just means they want the contract over a one buy calling any day of the week. I say let them HAVE the government contract, ill stay with mine)

(Krandis? do you even own a DC alt?)

Cuz the way they treat a common, is a joke.

They make killer gear. Ill admit.

(and ill wait for the consumer to say, "i have no issues getting a hold of them" when the other 98 percent cant even get a email reply)

I got a reply the other day from my alt builder, to tell me to hold on a sec. He was on the phone with a guy that needed help with the CHARGE stud, and NEGATIVE stud. He was confused. But, the builder took the time. And, he didnt beat the buyer up. I did, when it was my turn, and he told me to not be like that. Humbled me right up.

You want a decent alt, get one. They are out there. Just keep your eyes and ears open.

dc power is the way to go.

guy i know has the 4.6 in his crown vic....has the dc power 270xp on over 20k watts. 200 amps at idle, which is fantastic.

What does that even prove?

Nothing really..

To the OP:

You can always run the amp at 4 ohm instead of 1 ohm and still enjoy it.

Also when you get the new alternator installed, you can wire it at 1 ohm and be surprised.

beat to hell helping the car do 160's daily and it still works fine

edit: meanwhile another friend of mine has/had a singer alt that cant support 7k full tilt and a mechman who's regulator went out a couple months after he bought it new, and charged the batts at 18v. after being fixed on his dime, it cant support 7k either. he had the same power in his malibu with a dc 270xp and he didn't drop while idling.

and.....

another "friend of mine"

damn Kranny,... do you just let everyone do your thinking for you?

EDIT- 270 amps on 20k ... hmmmmm

and your the one telling everyone to get a aftermarket alt for 2k.......... lol.. fuck.

never mind...

OP go with dc ...

They are the best...... good luck.

EDIT - there is a member on this very thread, thats PM'd me, to get a hold of dc. Why? OF COURSE you know why...

Guess i should send him to you........

Archived