need help with supercharger

i knew the price was inane! I'm still curious to know how "he knows" it needs to be replaced?

i Just went out and looked at it. he didn't take the sc apart so he didn't see shit. and at idle it doesn't make a sound. had my girl .bring it threw the rev range And it doesn't make a sound... nothing! now I'm more pissed at this guy. sees a young girl driving a sports car and thinks CHING CHING!

and the car has 130k on it. almost everything is brand new.. battery, alt, brakes, rotors, tires, brake lines, exhaust (headers back), all power windows have been replaced. oil change every 3k s/c oil every 10k i have a stack of receipts from the previous owner. old Dude who was anal retentive about this car. oh it also had a new tranny at 95k he said he didn't like the way it felt.

I'm missing a few new parts to. car is mint!

oh New halo lights hid kit led brakelights... extreme yellow fog lights... the list goes on and on....

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

one last quick question. say the bearings (not the coupling) go, is that game over? meaning new s/c time? or Can those be replaced to?

after checking it my self I'm really not worried about it anymore. I'm only asking out of curiosity

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Trust me if the supercharger was bad you would know it's a knocking noise combined with some grinding if the bearings were bad. He was just trying to rip you off. I will tell you though that those superchargers usually should be rebuilt at 100k but can last longer. with 130k on the car it's something I would think about doing before it is an issue. Better to be proactive about it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

one last quick question. say the bearings (not the coupling) go, is that game over? meaning new s/c time? or Can those be replaced to?

after checking it my self I'm really not worried about it anymore. I'm only asking out of curiosity

Probably cheaper (the one I posted) for a refurbed one than the labor for a rebuild. But its something you can do yourself. Rebuild would be close to a 'G' I think.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

You could do rotor damage which would mean new supercharger time but that would be worst case scenario . It's easier just to buy a rebuilt snout and swap them out and you really won't save to much money doing the rebuild yourself.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Or buy a completely rebuilt sc from zzp for $800 just the snout is $200

I would go have a talk with this guy and get some money back. If not make sure you file a BBB report on his ass. That is way out of line for him to try to take advantage of anyone like that. That is why I do all my own work and just don't trust anyone to work on my cars. I would be pissed.

My wife took one of our cars in once for an oil change. ( still cant remember why I always do it) and the guy got her to put in Synthetic oil in it. He said that's what the manufacture recommends. Well she didn't know and 70 bucks later for a freaking 30 dollar oil change I was pissed. I went in and had a talk with the oil change place and manager. Didn't get anything back but I felt better chewing his ass for what he did.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

believe Me i Am pissed! but if i go and confront this guy bad things will happen! I'm a bit of a hot head when it comes to stupid people! i had a long talk with my girl about this to. she cost me allot of money for nothing.

as far as the coupling goes I'll just go get the nicer one from zzp for $40 (the green one) And in a few weeks just replace it. its $40 and 2 hours of work... really not a big deal.

I'm just so pissed that this scumbag made my girl come home crying thinking that she has to spend another $1,700 ontop of what he already took from her(me) so her car would work.

Monday I'm gonna make a few phone calls and find out about what i can do to make this guys life a little harder. but I'm not gonna see him face to face... not gonna put my self in that situation to get in trouble.

don't like people fucking with my family!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

At least you know better, good for you.

Sorry for getting fucked but at least it won't happen again and you can replave the coupling and be all happy.

Like the phrase- "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" or something along those lines lol.

Good luck

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

you got it right, i just want to say thank you to everyone that replied! i had my girl read threw and it put her mind at ease as well. so for that I'm grateful! one more reason i love this forum! thanks guys!

really thanks!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage