Wagonized Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 What are your guys thoughts on tunnel type walls? Those who have had them or atleast heard them what do you think the pros/cons are? I have several designs planned out for my car for years and the foremost design that I want to try is one of these tunnels in a diamond shape more than likely. I have a couple other tricks that Id like to try in my build that I dont think have been done before with these enclosures and should make a pretty big difference. Im going to post this in the groundpounders section aswell to get some more answers there. Tommy Mckinnie was pretty much the top dog in the world in bassrace for many years using a tunnel type wall so they must be good for something. As is Gary Killian's except from the pics ive seen he has ports on the far sides of the enclosure making it a nice 6th order. I like that idea but mine will more than likely remain a 4th with a couple different tricks added.Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. BUILT NOT BOUGHT ********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile 1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)
Colin - STAPUFT Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 I was very tempted to build a tunnel years ago, but I didn't have the depth in my application. I'm not 100% on this, but I want to say that I've heard of people having issue with front or back subs or something like that... as far as one set unloading or causing loss- one set being closer to the terminus or opening of the tunnel than another set. If memory serves, a bit of phasing or time alignment can improve things if there is an issue. But I have no experience with that- It just came to mind. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that or help me out. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
tacomaguy1 Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 Loud if done right Ben Wynn is doing 60+ in his durango with his....also that DC Jeep had one and it got down Team Flex Issues
n8ball2013 Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 love em. After I finish the truck I've thought about doing one in an astro. Oh wait have I said too much? I'd be in the same phase as you though with the info gathering. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Aj11 Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 imo the most impressive looking builds. I'm.not a box designer guy. but as a onlooker there the tits! only other wall that i think looks half as cool are clamshell boxes. something about having 15s hang over your head is just scary! jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
boom50cal Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 JP's hoe was loud for being a sealed tunnel wall. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
tacomaguy1 Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 I don't really see Jp's as a tunnel...guess it is though When I think tunnel I see this Team Flex Issues
Blue Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 Gary truck isn't a 6th order, but a low tuned tunnel box. I believe he is tuned down around 24 hz from what I can remember him telling me. formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
Wagonized Posted May 31, 2014 Author Report Posted May 31, 2014 Gary truck isn't a 6th order, but a low tuned tunnel box. I believe he is tuned down around 24 hz from what I can remember him telling me. a low tuned tunnel box IS a 6th order if you think about it....the tunnel itself is one port and the smaller ports on the sides are another. a sealed tunnel like most guys build like in the video above is essentially a 4th order. BUILT NOT BOUGHT ********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile 1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)
tacomaguy1 Posted May 31, 2014 Report Posted May 31, 2014 Gary's is a 6th....what he said That durango is too, ports along the bottom Team Flex Issues
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.