Things are about to get sticky. Advice for resin and fiberglass

So I just got my doors wrapped in fleece. This is where the fun begins. I have watched many YouTube videos and searched treads on this topic and I have found some useful info but not into detail really. So im going to tell you what I had in my mind on how to do it and then please give me some feedback or advice please and thanks. So I got the doors wrapped in fleece and now im going to make a circle wrapped in aluminum foil (same thickness as mounting ring on the speaker for flush mount to panel) and with the same outside diameter as the speaker. I planned to lay it in the ring and just take a paint brush and start lightly applying resin to the fleece. Then I planned to apply fiberflass to strengthen it up and then add bondo then sand, bondo, sand, and ya you know how it goes... Then once completely smooth and shaped the way I want it I will do primer and paint. So gimme the tricks and tips you know and let me know if Im missing anything please.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Don't make huge batches of resin, I like lots of small batches. Also save up empty plastic soda bottles to use as mixing containers.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

So I got a circle cut and im gonna wrap it in aluminum foil. Do i apply resin to the rings that are wrapped in fleece and then lay my circle in to mold it? once it dries im assuming resin does not stick to the foil? Or how does that part work? Please help

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

honestly go back and do it with a different material. you're going to go through so much resin with fleece its not even funny. I use the thinnest stuff I can in order to get my shape. the stuff I used on my doors was see through once stretched. It held up nicely and took very little resin to do.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

^^Agree.

I tried fleece when I fab'd my rear deck.

Used SOOO much resin with barely a dent in the material that I had to toss in the towel and change directions.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

yep and then it sags because its heavy. remember its only for shape not for strength.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

honestly go back and do it with a different material. you're going to go through so much resin with fleece its not even funny. I use the thinnest stuff I can in order to get my shape. the stuff I used on my doors was see through once stretched. It held up nicely and took very little resin to do.

^^Agree.

Used SOOO much resin with barely a dent in the material that I had to toss in the towel and change directions.

I was going to use speaker grill cloth but everywhere else I read they suggested fleece. Now the fleece I did buy is very thin and its stretched very tight. As you can see in the picture I didn't wrap the whole panel. You still think I will need a lot of resin for this? Like the big $30 gallon from Walmart or w/e?

100_7422_zps5a781cc7.jpg

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

^^Agree.

I was going to use speaker grill cloth but everywhere else I read they suggested fleece. Now the fleece I did buy is very thin and its stretched very tight. As you can see in the picture I didn't wrap the whole panel. You still think I will need a lot of resin for this? Like the big $30 gallon from Walmart or w/e?

100_7422_zps5a781cc7.jpg

If you have spare cloth. Wrap it around some scrap wood or something and do a test run on it before you try it on your door panels.

If it works great then cool. If not, you're saved some hassle and mess on the door panels themselves.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Archived