Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

Never been a fan of soundstream and now I feel justified

Like i said, not for or against soundstream. And we all know the rockford is a great amp. However i will also say, you could get 5 or 6 of those soundstreams for the price of one of the rockfords tested. So i guess budget will play the most part in one's decision.

To sum it up, i love when we get to see amp test results.

So because you can get a bunch of cheap ass amps for the price of one quality amp, that justifies it? why not just say you can get 30 BOSS amps for that price? LOL :D

And there are a couple members on here with some nice systems who run the soundstream, and seem very happy with their performance. I dont think we should knock an amp or company just because they might not be at the top of the class or are not sponsoring someone.

truthsayer

Actually they are in the same class. 2500 watts rated puts them in the same class. Just because one does it and then some and the other doesnt just goes to show you thalt you get what you pay for. Soundstream hasnt made a good amp in a long time

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Never been a fan of soundstream and now I feel justified

Like i said, not for or against soundstream. And we all know the rockford is a great amp. However i will also say, you could get 5 or 6 of those soundstreams for the price of one of the rockfords tested. So i guess budget will play the most part in one's decision.

To sum it up, i love when we get to see amp test results.

So because you can get a bunch of cheap ass amps for the price of one quality amp, that justifies it? why not just say you can get 30 BOSS amps for that price? LOL :D

and the thing is, half of these amps we've been testing aren't that bad if they were labeled correctly. In my book, getting a solid 1200 RMS amp for $200 is a good deal, there is no need to label it 39482985739853 jigga watts. That just makes a company lose credibility in my book.

Also steve, what impedance are the subs in the tahoe? is it 0.7 or 1.4 going to each t2500?

Could you test a single bc3500 @.5? Or @1?

I could test it at 1 ohm.

My friend is going to be building his own amp dyno soon so we can do all impedances (word?).

And it's in! The person i got the SPL-FX1-5500D from told me he clamped it at 2600 watts. The RMS @ 1 ohm is supposed to be 3500.

The best we could squeeze out of it at 1.3 ohms was 1475 watts.

Just for kicks and giggles i wanted to retest my Rockford T2500 now that i got my box rise down from 1.5 to 1.3 ohms.

3547 watts :] I am very very pleased with that amp.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

We should have a Soundqubed 2200.1 tested hopefully within the next week.

Any guesses?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Actually they are in the same class. 2500 watts rated puts them in the same class. Just because one does it and then some and the other doesnt just goes to show you thalt you get what you pay for. Soundstream hasnt made a good amp in a long time

You and Steve in one way are helping my point, The soundstream is a budget amp compared to the rockford. I never said the rockford wasn't the shit, but god forbid anyone starts to question price justification, then the rockford fans get all butt hurt.

And to those making the comparison of running 30 boss amps, really, how infantile can you be.

But a person who is on a limited budget could run Two of the soundstreams for half the price of the rockford and achieve the same power.

As far as the test results go, i do believe that they are fairly acurate. However it is sort of amusing we are taking these results as gospel. In most cases people would be screaming for the video proof.

I have stated that i do not run nor indorse Soundstream, however i do feel to many people knock them down just to chime in on the bandwagon. I will agree they went through a ruff patch, but i will not knock their new products, seeing that i have not Personally ran or running them now.

It just seems to be sad how those jump in to knock a product with no personal experience, just to be on the bandwagon. They seem to forget very quickly, that they or these kids just starting out can't afford the rockford t2500.

So go ahead jump down my throat with all the huha comments, but i have tried to make a point without butthurting anyone or any brand.

truthsayer

The important things about an amps quality are not being tested, what about the THD, the output impedance, the amount of RF, the slew rates (dpesn't really matter nowadays for low frequencies), the dampening factors, the power supplies, protection circuits, you know the important things.

I mostly don't care about a brand, but when you get a reputation for quality it is most of the time for a reason. Rockford, JL, Focal, Audison, Mcintosh, and all of the others have spent time improving amps, not just getting some crap out the factory. I don't care about anyone's wealth, but I do think that if you don't support advancement in technology then you are the cause of the bad products that get to the store shelves.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

You and Steve in one way are helping my point, The soundstream is a budget amp compared to the rockford. I never said the rockford wasn't the shit, but god forbid anyone starts to question price justification, then the rockford fans get all butt hurt.

And to those making the comparison of running 30 boss amps, really, how infantile can you be.

But a person who is on a limited budget could run Two of the soundstreams for half the price of the rockford and achieve the same power.

As far as the test results go, i do believe that they are fairly acurate. However it is sort of amusing we are taking these results as gospel. In most cases people would be screaming for the video proof.

I have stated that i do not run nor indorse Soundstream, however i do feel to many people knock them down just to chime in on the bandwagon. I will agree they went through a ruff patch, but i will not knock their new products, seeing that i have not Personally ran or running them now.

It just seems to be sad how those jump in to knock a product with no personal experience, just to be on the bandwagon. They seem to forget very quickly, that they or these kids just starting out can't afford the rockford t2500.

So go ahead jump down my throat with all the huha comments, but i have tried to make a point without butthurting anyone or any brand.

I agree with a lot of your points but the main thing to note here is that they are lying about their ratings and that's the difference. It's not about watts per dollar. Its that Rockford is telling the truth about their wattage. Soundstream isn't.

Personally I wouldn't give a dollar to a company that lied to it's customers like that. If they would label their ratings more truthfully, it would be considered a good deal. Instead, they force themselves into the same category as Power Acoustik.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived