Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Lost Remote need some help

I have a couple other Pioneer decks with remotes and need to know if there is a way to tell if they will work with the PRS. I just dont want to install this thing without the remote for all the tuning i have to do. I hate leaning forward while adjusting at the HU and then it sounds different when i sit back.

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Odyssey Extreme batteries

2 12" Phantom sounds (4.6 cu. net @ 32) - soon to be 2 Atomic ELE

2 Rockford Fosgate T2500bd-CP

Zapco Z150.2

Front comps soon to be Hertz HSK

Pioneer 80prs

Second skin deadener throughout

I don't know if those others will work, but a new remote for the 80 is like 10 bucks from Pioneer. Install the thing and suck it up without a remote until your new one gets here.

Bonus: the remote you will order is better than the one that comes with it when new.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Remote-Controls/CD-R510

Just about any pioneer related te should work with it but might not have as much control or some of the same features.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

If you want to find out if one of your remotes that you currently have will work with your unit.... Just hook up power to it next to a battery without installing it... and try the remotes. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have that same remote from my old pioneer. Going to try it. I got it in like 2006?? Def way better remote. Hope itworks. Ill let you guys know what all works and doesnt work with that remote20140705_211254.jpg

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC

They will work. I use the remote from my 860 with my 80.

System. HU, Pioneer 80. Fronts, Morel Elates. Rear, Morel Ultimo 8 x2. Amps, Boston GT-42/GT-24.

I'd be interested to know as well. However, I also have a Pioneer CXC8885 remote that I'm hoping will work with it. the difference between it and the original is that instead of an answer and end call buttons, it has Function and Audio buttons, which are more useful to me as I have no interest in using the unit for hands free calls. I'm just against using a phone in any way while driving, personal pet peeve.

I now nearly every remote I've ever tried with pioneer units had most of the buttons/controls work, so my hopes are high. This is one reason why I have the remote I just listed, as it has direct audio and Function buttons, I'm just hoping they work.

The remote linked would be really nice since it not only has both the answer/end call buttons and Function/audio buttons, but preset buttons as well, since the unit lacks those on the faceplate. Stupid manufacturers for burying the presets in a damn menu.

Well it works. Funtion and audio buttons work. The scroll button works exactly like the deck up/down to nav and left to back out/ forward to go into the settings. So ill use my old remote and save the one that came with it if I lose this somehow.

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC