UKSQguy's builds, walled Citroen cracks 150, 18" DC level 6 in a Renault hatchbback WIP

Ok so i realise we made a mistake with the scores for the JBL wall. Was running 2.66ohms not 1.33 so actually nearly cracker the 150 @ 33Hz with around 12-1600w rms lol. Not bad for £50 each retail subs.

More work this week, the megane needs some roof strengthening, and the saxo sunroof is getting sealed up. More pics later this week.

Gav

Thanks guys :) Really pleased that it impressing. Hatch builds are a challenge, not many people have done 150+ from the boot over here so it's something to try and aim for.

Polar-bass, No vertical bracing inside the box at the moment, we may add it in the future when chasing numbers but its pretty solid already, base is screwed down, and the top is screwed up into 2x3s that are bonded to the roof structure.

Gav

That is very surprising that you guys aren't putting up 150's out of the hatch. Every hatch car that I've owned I've been able to get over a 150 in it. I know you guys like to tune super low in the UK so maybe that has a little to do with it. I was able to pull a 155.4 in my Focus ZX3 with 4 Sundown sa12's and 2 Sundown saz3500's at 42hz. The entire lot of equipment was located in the hatch and was quite the fit. In my new hatch, which is a Scion TC, I have only 2 Sundown sa12's and a single Sundown saz3500 and I've been able to put up a 151.3 at 47hz.

If it were me and you are focusing on a hatch only install I would try firing the subs up an ports towards the drivers side of the vehicle. This is the configuration that I have used in both of these vehicles to get very loud with not a ton of equipment. I am also getting ready for a fun SPL build for my TC that will involve a single Sundown Nightshade 18 off the 3500d. I am shooting for a 153+ out of it, but it will be tuned only for SPL so no listening to it.

Keep up the good work. I love the cars and would love to see some more good stuff from them.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I like to see some good works in those small fench cars ! We have the same cars in Martinique too.

Nice skills, and nice results so far. Congratulations.

Keep them pics coming !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Thanks guys :) Really pleased that it impressing. Hatch builds are a challenge, not many people have done 150+ from the boot over here so it's something to try and aim for.

Polar-bass, No vertical bracing inside the box at the moment, we may add it in the future when chasing numbers but its pretty solid already, base is screwed down, and the top is screwed up into 2x3s that are bonded to the roof structure.

Gav

That is very surprising that you guys aren't putting up 150's out of the hatch. Every hatch car that I've owned I've been able to get over a 150 in it. I know you guys like to tune super low in the UK so maybe that has a little to do with it. I was able to pull a 155.4 in my Focus ZX3 with 4 Sundown sa12's and 2 Sundown saz3500's at 42hz. The entire lot of equipment was located in the hatch and was quite the fit. In my new hatch, which is a Scion TC, I have only 2 Sundown sa12's and a single Sundown saz3500 and I've been able to put up a 151.3 at 47hz.

If it were me and you are focusing on a hatch only install I would try firing the subs up an ports towards the drivers side of the vehicle. This is the configuration that I have used in both of these vehicles to get very loud with not a ton of equipment. I am also getting ready for a fun SPL build for my TC that will involve a single Sundown Nightshade 18 off the 3500d. I am shooting for a 153+ out of it, but it will be tuned only for SPL so no listening to it.

Keep up the good work. I love the cars and would love to see some more good stuff from them.

Thanks for the replies everyone! You are correct with your guess that we tune lower. In the Propper Dropper format 5 readings are taken between 20-35Hz or so and then averaged so tuning higher would really hurt the scores. Most of the time we tune between 26-33hz and stick between 8-10 sq inches of port per cubic ft of space which helps keep the response flat. Means ultimate peak scores are lower but music sounds so much better as a result. All scores are done on the headrest also. I'd like to try my hand at a different format one day and maybe go for peak scores. We may change our hatch build soon to a single Tantric HDD on 4k, not sure yet.

I like to see some good works in those small fench cars ! We have the same cars in Martinique too.

Nice skills, and nice results so far. Congratulations.

Keep them pics coming !

Thanks man!

Looks nice! Any dampener going on?

The wall has silent coat on the boot floor, everything else around it is pretty much laminated with mdf. The front of the car will get done eventually. In the megane hatch there's only a bit of boot floor done so far, but tonight we start MDF'ing the roof as its a very weak spot.

Gav

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so we decided the meganes doors aren't loud enough so this happened.... IMG-20141103-WA0004.jpg

So its having 1 x 10, 3 x 8's and 2 x bullets per door and about 2k or so power between them lol. We've been strengthening the roof using the same laminating method we used in the saxo and i'd say it's got a fair bit windier and louder as a result, but we are yet to have it tested again. Really could do with getting a termlab!

Gav

What happened to the dust caps?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived