Sundown Audio

Hifonics amp Question

Christopher Talbot

I wont have the second obsidian for awhile. So I really probably dont need that many watts I just want to be able to put that obsidian 12 to its max. Btw have you all ever heard of that obsidian brand. my guy whos custom building my box for my 14 corolla and doing all my work highly reccomended it. said they take 15 days to recieve cause they make them after you order them and such. He used to compete and considers them an underated source for good subs.

i dont compete and have a few $1600+ amps

if i dont make my ears bleed with $1600 amps. you will have a hard time making your girls ears bleed with a $200 amp.. youre better off buying a good 1500 watt amp than the 2400 watt hifonics..you need 2 hifonics amps to get what you want and thats if you get the brutus amps

This x1000

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

As much as you have said, I still dont see any links to potential amplifiers, if you suggest I may buy considering i have 400 dollars in amplifiers out there right now that are going to be returned by the end of the week. My box isnt done and I have a few more things todo before its all said and done. big 3, second battery and finishing the custom box. I have a brand new hella clean car and I just got the tints done, next is beefing up all the electrical and possibly being the loudest little car in my county.. we will see.. everytime i take another step I get hungrier to go alittle more competitive..

You can lower a high powered amp, you can't raise a low powered amp..

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I also would give you links, but I am at my college setting up classes for the last two days.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

soundqubed 1200

sundown 1500

end thread.

all maxxsonics stuff is garbage.

edit: hifonics doesn't even do rated really. you have to do 1/10th of a second BURST tones in order to get rated out of it. which is a joke.

As much as you have said, I still dont see any links to potential amplifiers,

In the 2nd post, there are recommendations to multiple brands of amps that are all much higher quality. In my own opinion, Rockford is probably one of your best bangs for the buck. I plan on buying a Prime series 1200.1, they make rated power plus some in most cases. Meade dyno'd a Prime series 750.1 and got well over rated power out of it, close to 1,000 if I remember correctly.

They can be found cheaper on Amazon, but here is a link to the place you said would cut you a deal...

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Rockford-Fosgate-R1200-1D-1-200-Watt-Class-D-Full-Range-Mono-Amplifier-R1200-1D

Sub amp-http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

4 channel amp-http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM-D8604-4-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier/dp/B00E1BRITU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402420405&sr=8-1&keywords=pioneer+gm-d8604

You will be able to get both those amps for the $400 budget you have.

And there is nothing wrong with obsidian subwoofers, they are a great value.

truthsayer

Archived