Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subs up, Port back really the best for suv's?


kowboy

Recommended Posts

Posted

thank you sir

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

  • 9 months later...
Posted

My setup is subs up, port back. But then again, I have a good 2 feet between the top of my box and my roof, and my port is around 10 inches from my back door. I've had better experience with this application, than my previous subs back, port back. IIRC it was about .6 db louder with subs up, port back. There are alot of variables to consider and every build is different... The best way to find out is trial and error IMO.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Posted

My setup is subs up, port back. But then again, I have a good 2 feet between the top of my box and my roof, and my port is around 10 inches from my back door. I've had better experience with this application, than my previous subs back, port back. IIRC it was about .6 db louder with subs up, port back. There are alot of variables to consider and every build is different... The best way to find out is trial and error IMO.

ride?

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

  • 4 years later...
Posted

I have personal experience in both my old vehicle ( a 95 4 door blazer) and in my sisters 2005 pathfinder, that subs up and port back always sounded better and seemed to be louder than subs back and port back. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

Posted

I have mine subs front port front to keep it from killing my tailgate.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

Today, just for shits, I flipped my single 15 in a 6th - ports up...yuck! What was once a 6th tuned to 55 and 25, turned into a single slot tuned to 34hz. Rolled off on both ends dramatically. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6680 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...