Krakin Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 Ive changed out the speakers in one of my old consoles before, but I mean like a modern version of them (piano black, touchscreen, cd player, built in eq, 3way set up with sub, etc).On mom's unit ... The reciever worked great. Old school tube amp power FTW !!! That's what I installed, a 3 way setup with updated custom built (by me) passive crossovers from Radio Shack (back when they actually had electronic parts) ...We added a CD player and went through hoops getting her turn table working. She has more records (vinal) than I have CDs ... You're making me want one of these pretty bad now Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
tyma1026 Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 $372,000 for a pair. Won best sound at CES for 4 years, and won this years best sound at T.H.E. Show. WTF!!
Krakin Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 $372,000 for a pair. Won best sound at CES for 4 years, and won this years best sound at T.H.E. Show. WTF!! IIRC they stand about 6-7 feet tall. And a great aspect of them is that they don't have hardly any vertical dispersion of sound so you get minimal reflection from the floor and ceiling. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
EP95 Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 Diamond box looks good, but it's more of a boombox then what I'm talking about. This is what I'm talking about http://www.tonepublications.com/blog/this-is-not-your-dads-console-stereo/
Krakin Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 Yeah it is suppose to be a boombox. And that picture looks cool Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
gckless Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 Tubes ftmfw. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Krakin Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 That high output impedance and low damping, NTY. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
White Lightning Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 You're making me want one of these pretty bad nowYep, wish I could build one for myself. I have an old (and i mean VERY OLD) Wurlitzer jukebox in storage in line if the 49 Ford is ever done ... Yeah it is suppose to be a boombox. And that picture looks cool Yes it does ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
EP95 Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 Just went to that company's website and they got a literal audio desk http://shop.symbolaudio.com/products/audio-desk
White Lightning Posted June 19, 2014 Report Posted June 19, 2014 A good enclosure builder could make one of those ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.