How loud does it have to be?

I have 2 12's and I have no way of getting them on a meter but I wondered how many db's they can play.

How loud do you have to be in order to do these things?

29Hz-38Hz I feel my ear drums move, my sun glasses bounce on my nose a little bit and I can feel my arms/fingers shake a bit when suspended in mid air.

55Hz-65Hz I can't hardly see because it blurs my vision and basically rattles my whole body. Hard to breath, and forget eating or drinking lol.

I'd just like to get ball park guesses, I read some chart that said the eye blur thing happens at 145db and up but I don't really know. Thanks

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JeepAndBass

Picture1.png.a51bb49318e5269e42f12284828c2bb6.png

My Jeep: 157.3dB @26hz Drag Style 162.3dB @36Hz Outlaw 160.7db @35hz Headrest

My Honda: 155.4dB Drag Style 158.0db Outlaw 

Sounds weird, but depends on the setup. Some cars, I'll get blurred vision at like 148ish. But seems like in bigger SUV's (not talking B pillar) it needs to meter higher to cause that.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I would assume ear discomfort, blurred vision and breathing difficulty would be different from person to person. Also, the arms shaking... Would vary person to person. It would be really hard to guess based on those examples. Your best bet would be to find a shop in your area with a meter and give it a go.

I've seen alot of people get their feelings hurt because of a meter. Then again, I've seen alot of people suprised by a meter.

No way of knowing without a well calibrated TermLab ... Best of luck brother.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

It all depends on the person. ex: i've sat in keith millers jeep which to most people is impossible to breathe in and what not, in which i had no problem breathing.

This is his jeep in case you guys dont know it

Current Setup: , 2 Fi sp4 18s in a big ass flat wall tuned to 23hz, Pioneer 80prs, 2 Digital Designs m3bs strapped @ 2 ohms, Banda ICE2000, Crescendo 800.4, 4 PRV 10MR1000s,4 Mclaren MLT300 Super Tweeters Kinetik 2000 XS Power 2700 & XS Power 3100s.

It all depends on the person. ex: i've sat in keith millers jeep which to most people is impossible to breathe in and what not, in which i had no problem breathing.

That setup has a little better than a pair of 12s ... And I've seen a pair of 12" drivers do just as good (if not better) on a meter as the setup in that vid ... USACI MINI SPL MSX world record is held by a pair of 12" drivers with a score of 180.9 db ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

That setup has a little better than a pair of 12s ... And I've seen a pair of 12" drivers do just as good (if not better) on a meter as the setup in that vid ... USACI MINI SPL MSX world record is held by a pair of 12" drivers with a score of 180.9 db ...

where was i comparing 2 12s to this setup???? and...congrats to the guy holding the record????

Current Setup: , 2 Fi sp4 18s in a big ass flat wall tuned to 23hz, Pioneer 80prs, 2 Digital Designs m3bs strapped @ 2 ohms, Banda ICE2000, Crescendo 800.4, 4 PRV 10MR1000s,4 Mclaren MLT300 Super Tweeters Kinetik 2000 XS Power 2700 & XS Power 3100s.

where was i comparing 2 12s to this setup???? and...congrats to the guy holding the record????
Just the way it seems ... If that's not the case, my apologies brother.

And thank you, She's a member on our team. I will try and find a vid or her run at 2009 USACI world Finals if you like ...

Archived