dharris2488 Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 Hey guys, I'm finally stepping up and about to start my biggest build to date. Just bought another Q2200.1D from SoundQubed and I was going to buy (2) HDC4 12's, but I've been looking around at other manufacturers and have seen some pretty awesome subs. I have an internally regulated alternator, even though it's a Mechman 240amp. I'm only seeing around13.5 volts, so I think the most I will see is around 4KRMS on a cool day. Let's not get into a pissing match here, but I would like some suggestions as to what subs may fit my bill. First off, going in the trunk of a 2013 Toyota Camry. I think I can squeeze around 5 c/ft net. So, this limits me to 10's, 12's, or maybe one 15" sub. I'm asking for a little help on sub choice here, just in case I'm missing out on some hidden gems. I want this system to last a while, so no more rebuilding for at least a year. Need this choice to be correct as possible. Thanks in advance for anyone's input... Also, if this turns into a pissing match, I will ask that this thread be closed. Let's all play nice people! 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
Kyblack76 Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 4 team sundown SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Popwarhomie Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 HDC4s are out of stock and only come in D1s. Check these out. http://www.directsoundsolutions.com/ethos-12-subwoofer-1800-watts/ My next setup ill be running 2 DSS Etho 18 D2s strapped on 2 AQ2200s. They like TINY boxes too! 2 12"s would require 3 cubes net 2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz 2016 Focus ST - SQ build.
dharris2488 Posted June 25, 2014 Author Report Posted June 25, 2014 HDC4s are out of stock and only come in D1s. Check these out. http://www.directsoundsolutions.com/ethos-12-subwoofer-1800-watts/ My next setup ill be running 2 DSS Etho 18 D2s strapped on 2 AQ2200s. They like TINY boxes too! 2 12"s would require 3 cubes net I LIKE!!! 3 cubes net is a HUGE +++++ As much as I would like to run the HDC4's, it's just damn hard coming up with 5 cubes for them to sound right in my trunk. I can do it, but damn it would be a huge ass box! This may even leave me a little trunk room so I can fiberglass a nice amp/battery rack. Thanks for the suggestion. 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
deathcards Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 i would grab 1 of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/6X-3000F-2-7V-Maxwell-BCAP3000P-ultra-super-farad-capacitor-booster-/251463353191?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item3a8c624367 and see what you can find for subs but thats my opinion as far as subs what size air space gonna probably see around 4500rms they are efficient amps depending what you wire to no more than $400 apiece edited after reading full description skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
notorious97200 Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 Nice suggestion. I was about to get one 15" ethos, then I pulled the trigger on a zcon 15 ! But you should tell us if you just want to be loud on music or THE loudest ?! We need a budget,... black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
TDZ13 Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 2 12" sundown zv3s or zv4s would go nicely with an amp on each. 2006 Hyundai Sonata Lx - Alpine CDA-9885 - Rainbow CSX Comps - (2) 12" Sundown Zv4 - Sundown 5K - 4.6ft3 @ 33hz w/ 6" aeros sealed off in trunk - 250a Singer alt, Kinetik 1400, (2) 2400s - 150.4 @ Dash as of now
dharris2488 Posted June 25, 2014 Author Report Posted June 25, 2014 Nice suggestion. I was about to get one 15" ethos, then I pulled the trigger on a zcon 15 ! But you should tell us if you just want to be loud on music or THE loudest ?! We need a budget,... I've just watched some videos on the ethos 15's and they are impressive to say the least. I'm getting more intrigued by these. I of course want to be loud, but not just Orion HCCA burp loud. I would like them to be fairly musical as well. I know it's tough to have both, but there are subs that do sound musical but will rattle the block. I would like to spend no more the 400 a sub. There are plenty of good subs out there in that price range... What I really like about the Ethos, is the space requirement. 3 cube net at 32hz is pretty solid for me. I also forgot to mention that I do have a regulated alternator and on a good day, I'm only getting about 13.8 to the amp/s. Typical day, 13.5-13.6. So, with voltage drop, I will be high 12's, low 13's. I will be adding another battery, to make a total of 4. That's including the one up front, as they are all the same. Right now I have around 210amp hours or 3 AutoZone Platinum AGM's (around 70ah each). I also have a Mechman 240amp HO alt for charging... There will be 2 runs of 1/0 just for the sub stage. I will also have a dedicated run of 4ga for my Kenwood XR400-4 and SoundQubed Q4-120 for my mids and highs. Guess it doesn't really matter, as all my batteries are in parallel. But, the 4 ga will help relieve some of the draw and hopefully make everything slightly more efficient. I will wire whatever subs to a nominal 2ohm load, as I'm new to this kind of power. I don't fully understand box rise and impedance rise, so I'm not ready to go down that road yet... Rather be safe than sorry. 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
dharris2488 Posted June 25, 2014 Author Report Posted June 25, 2014 Ethos for the win right now... I know Sundown's are great and all, but I'm leaning towards the Ethos at the moment. I'm not buying today, so there is still plenty of time for people to respond. 3 cubes, I can't get over that! I can probably build a gross 4 cube box and brace the hell out of it and still be in the sweet spot. Do the Ethos hold up well? I noticed they had foam surrounds. That's the only thing I'm quesitoning at the moment... 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
SMF93 Posted June 26, 2014 Report Posted June 26, 2014 There's a guy on the SSA forum that was running a sundown Ns-1 at half ohm, and I believe it was putting out around 7000 rms and they took it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.