dharris2488 Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 I'm trying to decide whether to go round/square port, or slot port for my new design. If anyone could help me out with a design, it will be greatly appreciated. I'm having a difficult time so far trying to get the tuning @ 32hz correct, leaving only 1.5 cubes net. I need an enclosure that will be 3 cubes net @ 32hz. Will be installing (2) 12" DSS Ethos. I have 34x16x20-22 to play with so far... If I need more, which I doubt, I can find more... Any help is always appreciated. I need to get on the road right now to head back home. I will be working on this tonight as well. I hope that maybe Joe X or somebody with some serious box design knowledge with shed some light on this thread... Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks! 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
White Lightning Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 My best suggestion would be to go on the SSA Forum and ask Quentin Jarrell directly. He is the owner of DSS. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
dharris2488 Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 My best suggestion would be to go on the SSA Forum and ask Quentin Jarrell directly. He is the owner of DSS. Good idea... I haven't really had a chance to sit down and toy around with designs for an extended period of time, but I put in 45 minutes this morning and let me tell you, it's kind of difficult to tune to 32hz in a 1.5 cube enclosure. Yeah, it can be done, but keeping space in mind, it's tough. All I could come up with was basically a 4.5 cube gross enclosure tuned to 32hz, after sub displacement and bracing. I'm wondering if round ports are going to be the way to go on this build? I will ask.... In the meantime, I just bought a clamp meter, so I'm going to go to my little spot and clamp the Q2200.1D and video it. Curious to see what kind of power I'm really getting. Once I get it completed, I will see how to post videos on this site. I'm sure there are curious people out there who want to know what the 2200.1 clamps at. 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
Kyblack76 Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 My best suggestion would be to go on the SSA Forum and ask Quentin Jarrell directly. He is the owner of DSS. Good idea... I haven't really had a chance to sit down and toy around with designs for an extended period of time, but I put in 45 minutes this morning and let me tell you, it's kind of difficult to tune to 32hz in a 1.5 cube enclosure. Yeah, it can be done, but keeping space in mind, it's tough. All I could come up with was basically a 4.5 cube gross enclosure tuned to 32hz, after sub displacement and bracing. I'm wondering if round ports are going to be the way to go on this build? I will ask.... In the meantime, I just bought a clamp meter, so I'm going to go to my little spot and clamp the Q2200.1D and video it. Curious to see what kind of power I'm really getting. Once I get it completed, I will see how to post videos on this site. I'm sure there are curious people out there who want to know what the 2200.1 clamps at. Not really... it will be more so for you... A lot of members on this site... and a lot, have been around the block more than once. Good luck with your "clamping". http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174887-looking-for-q1-2200d-dyno/page-2 SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Kyblack76 Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 Hey Harris? I wasnt not trying to come off as a dick. This site is just chuck full of DIY'ers, and big brains, was more my point. And Randal up there was right, the SSA guys live and breath the DSS line. They know their shit over there with that driver for sure. Also, there are newer, more accurate ways to find power on gear now a days. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
dharris2488 Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 Hey Harris? I wasnt not trying to come off as a dick. This site is just chuck full of DIY'ers, and big brains, was more my point. And Randal up there was right, the SSA guys live and breath the DSS line. They know their shit over there with that driver for sure. Also, there are newer, more accurate ways to find power on gear now a days. My feelings were hurt there for a minute... I didn't know what to do! It's all good. Thanks for the link. Good info! 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
Kyblack76 Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 Hey Harris? I wasnt not trying to come off as a dick. This site is just chuck full of DIY'ers, and big brains, was more my point. And Randal up there was right, the SSA guys live and breath the DSS line. They know their shit over there with that driver for sure. Also, there are newer, more accurate ways to find power on gear now a days. My feelings were hurt there for a minute... I didn't know what to do! It's all good. Thanks for the link. Good info! Thanks mate.. i didnt mean to be a pee hole at all. but, ...... on this site, there are more than a brain or two lurking. That is WHY its the best..... just me. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
dharris2488 Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 Hey Harris? I wasnt not trying to come off as a dick. This site is just chuck full of DIY'ers, and big brains, was more my point. And Randal up there was right, the SSA guys live and breath the DSS line. They know their shit over there with that driver for sure. Also, there are newer, more accurate ways to find power on gear now a days. My feelings were hurt there for a minute... I didn't know what to do! It's all good. Thanks for the link. Good info! Thanks mate.. i didnt mean to be a pee hole at all. but, ...... on this site, there are more than a brain or two lurking. That is WHY its the best..... just me. I appreciate you checking yourself... It's all good. That's why I lurk around on this site, to learn as much as I can. I only thought I knew car audio before I joined. WAS I EVER WRONG OR WHAT??? No offense taken man... I think it was one of my first posts where I posted something I thought I knew about. Yeah, that didn't go to well for me! That's when i knew to sit back and just read and learn. Now, I do post my own personal findings and many questions that I would like answers to, even as dumb as they may be. You have to start and learn from somewhere. This site seems to be the most educated, by far... 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
Joe X Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 So here is a suggestion for a trunk car, hope it fits as I went slightly above your limits, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 5 1/8", figure is just an assembly guide: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
dharris2488 Posted June 28, 2014 Author Report Posted June 28, 2014 Joe X, YOU ARE THA MAN! Appreciate the sketch up and cut list. I believe this will work perfectly. I have plenty of cardboard to mock up a box in the morning. Once again, thanks... 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.