Mono amp for mid bass drivers?

greezychef

There would be no left and right separation ....

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

What frequencies are you looking to pay with them? Like what on the low side, what on the high side where your tweets come in.

The answer to your question, is a big NO. Not even talking about left and right, as Randal brought up, but something else entirely. The amp puts out a signal from 20-250 Hz. Do you want your 8" mid to perform in that range? I'm going to guess probably not.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok thanks. I'm not scared to ask stupid questions .

The only stupid question is the one not asked ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I consider mid bass in the 120 hz to 350 hz range. It depends what frequencies your wanting to get out of your 8s. Im kinda confused actually. People are talking about separation and highs and tweets. He asked about running a pair of mid bass 8s off a amp, so i dont understand what seperation from left and right or highs and tweets have to do with this? :shrug: Am i missing something?

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

I consider mid bass in the 120 hz to 350 hz range. It depends what frequencies your wanting to get out of your 8s. Im kinda confused actually. People are talking about separation and highs and tweets. He asked about running a pair of mid bass 8s off a amp, so i dont understand what seperation from left and right or highs and tweets have to do with this? :shrug: Am i missing something?

You still want left and right separation for midbass drivers. Can't do that with a mono amp.

The tweets were brought up for crossover reasons. If the mids can't play high enough and the tweets can't play down to them, there will be a gap where certain frequencies aren't heard. Not good for music.

Bottom line, he can run those speakers on that amp, but it won't sound right(to most people).

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Well, I'll let Randal cover that question. Why would you want anything other than a sub stage on monaural? Music does have left/right separation when recorded. You'd lose that if you put the same two drivers on a single channel.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

you need stereo sound coming out of all mids and highs speakers (including mid bass). left and right channels are necessary.

mono signals are for 1940 stereos :P

Archived