Mono amp for mid bass drivers?

greezychef

you can run two mono amps one to each mid bass and then get you stereo speration

I am doing something similar to this with my 49 Ford project.

What's different is I'm taking a pair of Class A/B 2 channel amplifiers and setting each mono to run a pair of 10s (one in each kick pannel) ...

I just do not see where a pair of sub bass oriented class D mono block amplifiers would be able to do this correctly.

There is just not enough dynamics in the amplifier's characteristics ...

Guess you could try it and see what happens ... I'm all open to trial and error !!!

Here's what you're missing: some people will never be able to tell the difference. To my, and a greater extent your, discerning ear, there would almost definitely be a difference. To OP? Maybe not. Who knows. For the record, I'm agreeing with you here, just saying everyone isn't on your level :D

But for your amps, why not run a 6 channel pr two instead of all those amps you plan on? Maybe a 6 and a 4? 2 of the 6 for tweeters, 4 of the 6 channel for midrange (bridged), and then a 4 channel for midbass? I'm running a 6 channel like that, 2 for tweets and 4 bridged for mids.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Here's what you're missing: some people will never be able to tell the difference. To my, and a greater extent your, discerning ear, there would almost definitely be a difference. To OP? Maybe not. Who knows. For the record, I'm agreeing with you here, just saying everyone isn't on your level :D

I understand what you are saying here.

Just trying to explain why it's better to use full range amplifiers for this application rather than monoblocks ...

Dynamics is something you HAVE to hear with you own ears to be able to understand what it really is, which is why I give SOOOOO many demos every year.

Hoping to have the 49 Ford in action by the first of next year.

But for your amps, why not run a 6 channel pr two instead of all those amps you plan on? Maybe a 6 and a 4? 2 of the 6 for tweeters, 4 of the 6 channel for midrange (bridged), and then a 4 channel for midbass? I'm running a 6 channel like that, 2 for tweets and 4 bridged for mids.

I'm sponsored by Linear Power. They only make 2 channel amplifiers.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

but seriously. may sound stupid but i was considering running 8" subs off the p500 for mid bass. thought that paired with some 6.5 components and 2 15's might sound good...guess not.

If it were a 2 channel amp, there is nothing stupid about that. However, you need to consider driver specs and where you want to crossover everything at.

Trade/sell the p500 and get a 400-2. Put a pair of Punch 8's on it.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

but seriously. may sound stupid but i was considering running 8" subs off the p500 for mid bass. thought that paired with some 6.5 components and 2 15's might sound good...guess not.

Mono your midbass will throw off your component's sound ... but you can always try it and see what happens.

Have you asked bbeljefe about this ?? I'm sure he would know what would be best for your setup ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

No, haven't talked to bb. Just toying around ideas about what to do with my next setup in a future build. I got a lot of equipment laying in my room so I decided to try and use all of it. T1500, punch 500, punch 300, punch prime 5 channel. Jeez I got a lot of stuff laying around . Lol

Archived