Sonic Electronix

i didn't read every ones post but heres my 2cents.

your box is a Lil big but not huge. where is your subsonic cut off at? you could be going to low and putting to much power while there to low.

also are you sure both subs are smelling?

i have a feeling that the first sub is the one getting stinky. if you abused it before by bottoming out testing and tuning your system with that sub the damage could already be done.

pull the subs check the coils.

you said you tuned with car off. I'm assuming you used the -5db track. some do this because they have bad voltage drop and try to compensate for it. (i don't think it's the best way but people do what they want)

if your not running bass boost and you subsonic is correct your clipping.

if you set at a -5db track and your listening to decaf your gonna clip! how much is up to you.

turn your filter up a Lil bit and play for a Lil bit, if you still Smell sub, it's a sub issue... or your still clipping

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I plan to get a better volt meter, I want to get the SMD one but even in my new car, still don't have space in any stock locations to fit one. Before and now I tuned with the -10 track. The songs I smelled yesterday, weren't even on decaf tracks. They where a bunch of other songs I used to listen off of my phone.

werd...

that said, you dont need a 500$ fluke to tell you the drivers are hot as balls, and smell like them to.

I would REALLY tune at -5 if i was you. Big time now your wired lower. :shrug:

i didn't read every ones post but heres my 2cents.

your box is a Lil big but not huge. where is your subsonic cut off at? you could be going to low and putting to much power while there to low.

also are you sure both subs are smelling?

i have a feeling that the first sub is the one getting stinky. if you abused it before by bottoming out testing and tuning your system with that sub the damage could already be done.

pull the subs check the coils.

you said you tuned with car off. I'm assuming you used the -5db track. some do this because they have bad voltage drop and try to compensate for it. (i don't think it's the best way but people do what they want)

if your not running bass boost and you subsonic is correct your clipping.

if you set at a -5db track and your listening to decaf your gonna clip! how much is up to you.

turn your filter up a Lil bit and play for a Lil bit, if you still Smell sub, it's a sub issue... or your still clipping

The old one is actually in my garage, with this new setup I got 2 brand new subs. Both never seen before until yesterday. I tuned with the -10 fyi, said in the post right before yours lol.

try with -5 track.

I'll try that today

I plan to get a better volt meter, I want to get the SMD one but even in my new car, still don't have space in any stock locations to fit one. Before and now I tuned with the -10 track. The songs I smelled yesterday, weren't even on decaf tracks. They where a bunch of other songs I used to listen off of my phone.

werd...

that said, you dont need a 500$ fluke to tell you the drivers are hot as balls, and smell like them to.

I would REALLY tune at -5 if i was you. Big time now your wired lower. :shrug:

^^^

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

box is big yea but not huge. there recommend 3.5 he's rocking 4.

and id def use the -5 track.

did you find the clipping of your deck as well? that could play a part in all this

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

It's the box. Lol

Its 3.0 cuft not 3.5

It's a little to big, 1 cube over the specs.

the IVX v1's are 3.5 recommended bro. . . .

ot:

Tuning with the car off just means the voltage is lower so you clip earlier and gains are lower to compensate.

When the car is turned on, and that voltage goes up, chances of clipping goes down.

Some could say you leave a lot of output on the table when tuning with the car off, but it still wangs plenty enough for me atleast

The AQ is a 1k amp I believe?

People have clamped it doing 1k rms at 1 ohm despite it being rated at 750

You're overpowering the subs and giving them more than rated power.

It's the box. Lol

Its 3.0 cuft not 3.5

It's a little to big, 1 cube over the specs.

the IVX v1's are 3.5 recommended bro. . . .

ot:

Tuning with the car off just means the voltage is lower so you clip earlier and gains are lower to compensate.

When the car is turned on, and that voltage goes up, chances of clipping goes down.

Some could say you leave a lot of output on the table when tuning with the car off, but it still wangs plenty enough for me atleast

The AQ is a 1k amp I believe?

People have clamped it doing 1k rms at 1 ohm despite it being rated at 750

You're overpowering the subs and giving them more than rated power.

If that is true about the 750, I want to see that. Was always curious what that thing can really put out.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm