Sonic Electronix

How Much Sound Deadening Do I need?

2 12" on 1500, front doors done but not back behind the speaker, front half of roof, hatch door filled with expanding foam and then deadener.

worked fairly well for me. Doing the rest of the hatch area would have helped along with behind the speakers in the front doors.

imo, 50-75% coverage for the average person should work great but if placement has some thought put into it 40-60% should work fine.

remember though ccl is a great vibration eliminator. Before doing any deadener do some research.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I'd look at the Q-Mat soundqubed makes. I bought a bunch of it and i love the stuff. Works awesome and great prices.

I still have liek 6 sheets left over from my other car, just bought a new 300 and its quiet as shit from stock its almost creepy when you cant really here any road noise on the highway lol i might just put this stuff in the car to make it even more quiet for shits and giggles

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

2 12" on 1500, front doors done but not back behind the speaker, front half of roof, hatch door filled with expanding foam and then deadener.

worked fairly well for me. Doing the rest of the hatch area would have helped along with behind the speakers in the front doors.

imo, 50-75% coverage for the average person should work great but if placement has some thought put into it 40-60% should work fine.

remember though ccl is a great vibration eliminator. Before doing any deadener do some research.

I thought about using rattle trap, but then I was like, from what I have herd, its not that great.

I'd look at the Q-Mat soundqubed makes. I bought a bunch of it and i love the stuff. Works awesome and great prices.

I still have liek 6 sheets left over from my other car, just bought a new 300 and its quiet as shit from stock its almost creepy when you cant really here any road noise on the highway lol i might just put this stuff in the car to make it even more quiet for shits and giggles

i have looked at that but im not sure, i will have to check it out again.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Road kill is very good! that sht won't come off!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

My car has dynamat extreme. Been holding up for something like 3-4years no issues.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived