Sundown Audio

What is your thought? Amp wired DOWN, sounds....... meh?

Kyblack76

Well,

this is what IVE noticed.

When i was wired down, just to .35, the subs...... well, they sounded, not real good. Hard to explain.

Also, i KNOW people do this all the time. Ive also heard systems wired like this. And they sounded great. Fact is, their rise, and my rise im sure is not the same. In fact, my amps, didnt like it wired there, when one of the owners wires even lower, on the same amp. So, install is playing here.

When i used my loaned Damore IMSg, i was shown, i was in fact NUTTY low at resistive loads. What i dont need, is everyone saying "i wire daily lower and my shit sounds good!"

Good, thats YOUR shit. If you know anything about what rolling a windown down, can do to impedance.... then, a enclosure, its design, space and the other 22 million factors play here.

What im looking for, is ANYONE that has wired ( I will say it like this) LOWER than what your set up should be to, and thought the output sounded "funny" .

Id expect the dampening factor to go into the toilet, as well as the amplifers slew rate. S/N ration id expect to shoot through the roof. Im not a amp guru. But,... anyone that knows me,... knows, i have great ears.

Anyway.. please disscuss?

(again... i dont need 230 people saying im wired lower and it "sounds good to me" stuff)

TIA all.

gfy

Well I never wired lower.....

I've always been .5 daily. But when I accidently wire to 2ohms I was like... Whoah that sounds much better. Wow....

So I don't have much more to contribute to this thread other then your not crazy (on this topic)

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Well I never wired lower.....

I've always been .5 daily. But when I accidently wire to 2ohms I was like... Whoah that sounds much better. Wow....

So I don't have much more to contribute to this thread other then your not crazy (on this topic)

lol.. on this topic..

thanks..:)

Its hard to explain.... where they loud as fuck? Yup.. but.....

something was just ..... missing. ?? Man, i dont wanna use words like "muddy", and shit....

going from a single m3a wired at .25 to 2 of them wired at .5 i went from a 53.6 to a 54.5

it was noticeably louder AND cleaner sounding

an amp being ran "balls to the wall" for lack of a better term is not going to sound as good nor be nearly as efficient as an amp wired at an ohm load it can "easily" handle

this my input and my experience

i will also add at one point i had a ddm4 wired at .25 doing a 54.7.. and the 2 m3a's are similar numbers but better sounding

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I think Wicks had the same issue, he mentioned that when he tried playing music with his DC 5k at .25, the subs didn't sound right, like they lost their control due to the loss of damping factor.

Same thing with Timmy Son, he went from 1 DC 9k at .35 to 2 CT Sound 7k's at .7 each, everyone who heard the setup said it sounded drastically louder, but didn't gain shit on the meter.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

going from a single m3a wired at .25 to 2 of them wired at .5 i went from a 53.6 to a 54.5

it was noticeably louder AND cleaner sounding

an amp being ran "balls to the wall" for lack of a better term is not going to sound as good nor be nearly as efficient as an amp wired at an ohm load it can "easily" handle

this my input and my experience

What i was looking for mate :)

dude.. if you know, then you "know".

It just sounded............ "off".

Fuck, hard to explain

The cones seemed way way outta control. Then again, i was probably a fair amount over rms.....

Fuckers got HOT as balls, 2 songs in..... And i think i smelled the Fi coil for the first time..lol.

Hot air was coming from my port. They where begging to cool. Again, my reactive load, was like time 1.8.

wired at .35, i RARELY saw over 1ohm reactive. Im shocked the amps fucking played TBH. Saw the lowest PULL amperage wise ive ever recorded

Back to the sub sound..... mid way through the first song, i was like.. "man, they are pounding, but, it sounds,... differernt"...

again, hard to explain. :shrug:

Im stoked to add amp power... and stay "up". :shrug:

I think Wicks had the same issue, he mentioned that when he tried playing music with his DC 5k at .25, the subs didn't sound right, like they lost their control due to the loss of damping factor.

Same thing with Timmy Son, he went from 1 DC 9k at .35 to 2 CT Sound 7k's at .7 each, everyone who heard the setup said it sounded drastically louder, but didn't gain shit on the meter.

:)

thats right!!!...

i forgot about that !!....

both Jaime, and Timmy.. well damn...

maybe we are all just cray..

Ive also heard, that people clamped more outta say a stetsom, but was louder on a AB amp on the meter.... but clamped less.

Im wondering if the OUTPUT voltage, ...... isnt the end all be all. I dunno. :shrug:

Glad to hear im not full retard.... I like, and trust my ears. For real.

Big difference in quality at .35 now I lost low end freq pounds in 40 hz range but all music sounds same everything u said about dampening an sn plus slew rate is true when I ran 8-ks at .7 compared to [email protected] it did same numbers but 4 sounded lair better an ran kooler

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Big difference in quality at .35 now I lost low end freq pounds in 40 hz range but all music sounds same everything u said about dampening an sn plus slew rate is true when I ran 8-ks at .7 compared to [email protected] it did same numbers but 4 sounded lair better an ran kooler

Well then,.... i think ive made up my mind. larger, at higher. Its good to see you "vets" in the game, Jacob and Ray having done this, and seen "the same" result. Give me some confidence to trust my tool, gear, and EARS/NOSE are trying to tell me.

Appreciate the words.

With the four amps you souned way cleaner almost SQ status lol

Archived