AlwaysBubblin Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 I have four 12"s right now, 2 Alpine Type R's Dual 2 ohm, Generation 3, 600 watts RMS 2 Cerwin Vega V Max's, dual 2 ohm 500 watts RMS. ( One cone is dented and the other was broken so I bought a dust cap of the same material off eBay, and might buy one for the other, I got these for basically free.. ) Right now I have 2 different boxes, a Rockford Fosgate dual 12" box, which the Type R's are in right now, and a regular slot ported box for the Cerwin Vegas. I was wondering if it would be better to keep them in separate boxes. or to invest in a box for 4 12s. I'm thinking if I have them in different boxes, assuming the boxes are tuned differently, that my system could potentially be loud from a distance and hit really good in the car. I don't know if I'm explaining this right, or if it makes any sense, so feel free to call me a moron. Also, I was wondering if it will be safe for the subwoofers and the amp to run them all down to 1 ohm, all to a Hifonics Brutus 2100.1D.
ToNasty Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 NO! Just dont ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
timc31610 Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 ^^^^^^^^^ That! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
sprkn_ranger Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 I would sell 2 of them and get all 4 matching subs. It's pretty ghetto to run mis-matched subs. Just my .02 Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
hispls Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 It is more likely than not that mix-matching subs and boxes will perform poorly.
AlwaysBubblin Posted July 13, 2014 Author Report Posted July 13, 2014 Well I thought since each pair of the same subs would have the same box, it would sound fine.. And budget is the main thing that is holding me down right now, I want to buy two more Type R's, 2400 watt Hifonics amp, and a box, but I don't have the money to buy any of those new, so I have to depend on Craigslist, eBay etc etc But nonetheless thanks for your input!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.