Second Skin Audio

Help with SundownQ X-15 box

DevinG

Usually rattling and loss of output are the main reasons why you don't do subs up, as you increase the power, it get worse, sometimes a fair and costly amount of deadening can help with the rattling, a few times it's virtually uncontrollable.

This is a fear I'm having cause my car is currently in the shop and we re doing one 15 sub up, port up firing through a 10 inch hole in the rear deck that was left when we removed the original factory sub. No idea how it's gonna turn out but BB deadened the shit out of everything

This is a fear I'm having cause my car is currently in the shop and we re doing one 15 sub up, port up firing through a 10 inch hole in the rear deck that was left when we removed the original factory sub. No idea how it's gonna turn out but BB deadened the shit out of everything

About 450$ of deadener/expanding foam/.75" MDF/fiberglass/trunk struts. Trunk still rattled violently with a single 15. Actually the trunk struts helped so much. Instead of the trunk flexing back and forth, it now literally flaps the entire trunk lid left to right because the trunk lid itself is too reinforced to flap around.. I actually lost output because when the gaps flap open,the pressure is immediately gone for that split second thus forcing me to seal off the trunk and fire into the cabin.

About 450$ of deadener/expanding foam/.75" MDF/fiberglass/trunk struts. Trunk still rattled violently with a single 15. Actually the trunk struts helped so much. Instead of the trunk flexing back and forth, it now literally flaps the entire trunk lid left to right because the trunk lid itself is too reinforced to flap around.. I actually lost output because when the gaps flap open,the pressure is immediately gone for that split second thus forcing me to seal off the trunk and fire into the cabin.

Thats What im thinking i will have to do, sealing the trunk off and having it fire forwards. How does it sound now?

Thats What im thinking i will have to do, sealing the trunk off and having it fire forwards. How does it sound now?

It sounds way cleaner, I mean by a long shot, but not every vehicle has the same results. I also went from 143 to 147db at 33hz door open mic in the kick,obviously if you reduce the cabin volume by sealing off the trunk then the woofer will have a smaller confined space to pressurize resulting in more output.

Archived