Did a 146.3DB now how can I break 150?

OP, you have no idea how far you have to go from 146 to 150. If you can do it with the equipment you listed you will have to sacrifice any ability to play music and you will never in a million years do it without owning or having access to an SPL meter.

Still a great score for what you have, you should be plenty happy.

you want to break a 150 with that equipment? Let me give you a bit of a heads up. Don't worry about the 150.. if you want it louder then change the box or up the equipment or do both.. going down that dark hole of trying to reach that score is just a money pit of death.

then ask yourself why a 150? why not a 151 or a 153.6? why is the magical number 150 ?

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

you want to break a 150 with that equipment? Let me give you a bit of a heads up. Don't worry about the 150.. if you want it louder then change the box or up the equipment or do both.. going down that dark hole of trying to reach that score is just a money pit of death.

then ask yourself why a 150? why not a 151 or a 153.6? why is the magical number 150 ?

hair tricks and 150.0 the new standard of loud.

yea go figure :(..... shit i don't even have a working radio in my car now. If they only knew what happens once you get to that point. when shit starts ripping and breaking and that car starts to get destroyed. that's where the money starts to come in at. well in my case and in my situation although i am a nobody :unknw:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I would say, get a completely custom box and some newer subs with some more xmax and motor force. Then ditch that crappy roof shingle deadener and get some quality mat. Go to secondskin and see if they have B-Stock availible. Super cheap and still works wonders.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

yea go figure :(..... shit i don't even have a working radio in my car now. If they only knew what happens once you get to that point. when shit starts ripping and breaking and that car starts to get destroyed. that's where the money starts to come in at. well in my case and in my situation although i am a nobody :unknw:

you end up picking up 3-4 more hobbies just to fix your car... car audio becomes second nature.

Ok Facekicker, point proven. I'll just keep that stuff around and use it in someone elses build. I'm going to own this car for a long time and right now it is a road noise resonance chamber so I'm doing the mat for both music and comfort as I take lots of trips.

The window was open and once I hit that 146 I tried fanning the door but I think the battery voltage had already dropped to far to make a difference. Which is why I'm going to need another battery to try and keep my voltage steady while I experiment.

I have access to the necessary tools to build my own box and I have played around with Torres and designed one I think might do well but would it be worth it to give a company all of the information I've obtained and have them design an spl box for me?

I appreciate the input guys...this score was enough to win the stock 1800-2000W class I entered in. My point here is that I have a system that has been thrown into this car with a minimal amount of $$ spent and no tuning done. This has been a learning experience since I first put this box/woofer combo in my Ford Ranger. My goal of 150 is set now that I know this combo is capable of this. I have no idea what its going to take to gain 4DB but at the same time I got this score by doing nothing more that installing this equipment in my car. Could I have just made the magical combination? Possibly. But I'm willing to give this a shot and see if I can get this out of the Type R's with some tweaking. If not no big deal, there are a thousand ways to fail and only a couple to succeed.

Believe me I would love to go order a couple of Sundown Zv.4 15's with their new SPL cones.( I've been looking into this :P ) But with the limited amount of space I have behind my rear seat the Alpines will do for now.

Archived