Sutliff Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 Thanks for the input guys! This is the one thing that sucks about rebuilding....sometimes it's really hard to decide what you want to do lol. I would love to do a wall!!!! But I can't see walling of a new car lol It is going to be a very unpopular opinion here, period, ... but I cannot see the - practical point - of walling anything, period. Zeke '14 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/ Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build Pioneer FH-P8000BT Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC) RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP MechMan S Series 240A XS Power D3400 & D975
gckless Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 JBL GTi subs are very good for IB. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Kevin M Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 If it's a new car I would definitely go IB. Easy to install. Low weight and take up jack room wise. Just make sure to seal and deaden the rear deck as well as possible. I used a layer of neoprene between the rear deck and the material that covers it too. The trunk floor and lid will need some attention too. A layer of mlv and neoprene between the trunk and he carpet that covers it will work wonders too. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Aj11 Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 a wall is not practical... duh! subs to begin.with aren't practical! nothing about this is practical! running big heavy wires risking warranties with amps and ho alts... practical... phh who the hell wants to he practical! haha... that's a funny word! practical! jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
brent379 Posted July 17, 2014 Author Report Posted July 17, 2014 Lol I want to do a wall because there is no real room in the trunk!!! Love the car...but hate the trunk! I'm kind of leaning towards two 15s IB. won't be a true IB because I don't have 4 times the vas or whatever it is...but it will be close enough. Plus I'll have a place too put my amp and still have some kind of trunk space.... Idk. I'm inn the prices of fiberglassing my door panels for the first time so I got time to think about it lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.