Second Skin Audio

Not Too Happy With Fi Audio Q 18"

You basically have an SQ box and you're trying to get SPL numbers out of it.

Not going to happen. 142 with a box tuned to 30hz or 32hz or whatever is not going to hit high numbers unless it's a wall or has rediculous amounts of power.

For SPL I would recommend making a second box. Do like 4-5 cubes net, 2 6" external aeros, tune to 40hz.

Try sub up port back and sub up port up and sub back port back - maybe just the last 2 if you don't want to build too many boxes.

There's a HUGE difference between a box that sounds good on music and one that puts up big numbers... the only way to compensate is more power :o

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

You basically have an SQ box and you're trying to get SPL numbers out of it.

Not going to happen. 142 with a box tuned to 30hz or 32hz or whatever is not going to hit high numbers unless it's a wall or has rediculous amounts of power.

For SPL I would recommend making a second box. Do like 4-5 cubes net, 2 6" external aeros, tune to 40hz.

Try sub up port back and sub up port up and sub back port back - maybe just the last 2 if you don't want to build too many boxes.

There's a HUGE difference between a box that sounds good on music and one that puts up big numbers... the only way to compensate is more power :o

its an 18, not a 15.

id start from 7 cubes and move up.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

its an 18, not a 15.

no i would throw it in a 5 - 5.5 cube tuned to 35 with 1500 RMS and see what you get ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

ok, I'll try tuning it higher i guess. I did hit 144 or so with car on and door open, haha. I'm gonna be broke as fuck until i start my intern at cummins in may. I'll try to figure a way to buy an amp in that time tho.

Thanks for all the input so far!

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

i did a 141 with my 2 8's. with 800 rms.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

its an 18, not a 15.

I know it's an 18. The way SPL is leaning these days is towards smaller boxes with lots of port area.

7 cubes for music, sure. But with SPL that's way too much air to get the port/s to do their job properly.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I know it's an 18. The way SPL is leaning these days is towards smaller boxes with lots of port area.

7 cubes for music, sure. But with SPL that's way too much air to get the port/s to do their job properly.

with the power he got right now, he'll prolly lose dBs.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

hmmm, well kicker there a some things u could change that would make a difference

round internal port wall opening

allthread since its cheap and really effective

get rid of the wheel humps and make a rectangular box that is a bit taller sub back port back, slot port on left or right side

6cubes@35hz 72sqin port should get you some extra umph plus an extra 300w but.......

ur comparing an Fi Q against a Kicker L7, i understand the size difference but a kicker is meant to be louder and all that i have heard sound best tuned 35hz and up, and sound more like air moving than bass for some reason

i am still finding songs that blow my mind in the 01 eclipse i just did, 3cubes@33hz 15q, so maybe u need to go smaller and tune higher to get the numbers that u want....

and the bxi isnt the best, why not look into something else none hifonics to replace it too

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived