CDs, Ipod, volt drops...

Turn the gain down a bit and tell us if you have the same issue.

A mod and a few reputable members told you that.

Maybe you'll listen to them, as I'm not an expert at all !

The ipod has a quieter signal, so you can turn the volume up on your head unit.

The cd has a more powerful signal : you can't have the same settings for both and expect them to sound the same.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Kenwood excelon. Not sure exact model. I use the same custom settings for both. It happens when bass hits the hardest. And its not each time, maybe once or twice a song. Im just thinking if it would be skipping turning the gain down would fix it... But still wouldnt tell me if its just skipping or actual voltage. I need to get a meter hooked up and see if it falls below 12 i guess.

does your kenwood have 3 sets of rca's or 1 set for sub only?

I said my guess is its going into protect mode. But cant look for the flashing light while driving. I have no idea if it is or not. Cant pkay it loud outfront because i dont want to be an asshole and piss the neighbors off. Gain is actually barely past half way up. The bass knob has a clipping indicator which ive seen flash while adjusting the gain. I set it much lower than when the light flickered. Not trying to argue with you. Just trying to learn.

Im not sure if it has 3 or not. ill need to find the manual. When i say i can play the ipod louder i dont mean higher volume. Its actually louder at 27 than my cd is at 30 (out of 35)

Yeah i like the ipod much more lol. Just sometimes like to demo a cd before adding it to the ipod. Like to see which songs i like. Plus the name of the song dont show through a cd.

Just checked and the amp dont go into protect till under 8 volts. once i get a meter hooked up ill know for sure.

Archived