Jump to content

$400 to spend on upgrades


yurvalentine

Recommended Posts

Posted

Pro audio speakers imo take a decent amount of experience and a good amount of knowledge on crossovers and equalizer's in order to get the to sound good. Component sets can be clean and easy to install and also comes with crossovers designed for them. Most pro audio speakers I know take seperate purchases of crossover or a sound processor with a built in active crossover system.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Pro audio speakers imo take a decent amount of experience and a good amount of knowledge on crossovers and equalizer's in order to get the to sound good. Component sets can be clean and easy to install and also comes with crossovers designed for them. Most pro audio speakers I know take seperate purchases of crossover or a sound processor with a built in active crossover system.

I've looked at going for an active system for a while now and the only thing holding me back is money. For now I guess I should do some sampling, just need to find a decent audio shop or something around (If anyone knows of any near Ogden, Utah let me know lol.)

Posted

I agree, if you are asking about them, chances are you don't want to get too complicated. More or less do research on brands and their sound, and depending on the kind of music you listen to. A proper install/design is also key with tweeter placement to avoid harshness and up midbass response (seal the door, put dampening behind speaker etc). I've always looked for good clear sound on a budget and have heard some very cheap, excellent sounding setups. Some that come to mind are JBL (2 ohm to use the 100 watts per channel will make a difference), Hertz, and MB Quart.

Buddy just installed a set of Kenwood speaks on a 5 ch amp and it sounded really good, even though I never did like Kenwood for speakers. Again, if you want to spend the money, you can get the higher end stuff, but I usually don't see a need to and have heard lower end stuff sound better than expensive stuff. I also recommend matching or going 10-15 watts rms OVER what the speaker can handle, ex: 90 watt speaker with 100 watts from amp.

Posted

I agree, if you are asking about them, chances are you don't want to get too complicated. More or less do research on brands and their sound, and depending on the kind of music you listen to. A proper install/design is also key with tweeter placement to avoid harshness and up midbass response (seal the door, put dampening behind speaker etc). I've always looked for good clear sound on a budget and have heard some very cheap, excellent sounding setups. Some that come to mind are JBL (2 ohm to use the 100 watts per channel will make a difference), Hertz, and MB Quart.

Buddy just installed a set of Kenwood speaks on a 5 ch amp and it sounded really good, even though I never did like Kenwood for speakers. Again, if you want to spend the money, you can get the higher end stuff, but I usually don't see a need to and have heard lower end stuff sound better than expensive stuff. I also recommend matching or going 10-15 watts rms OVER what the speaker can handle, ex: 90 watt speaker with 100 watts from amp.

I've been looking at speakers priced around $200 a pair, but my conclusion so far is that I better find a way to listen to some in person. Reviews online have been....less than helpful.

Also what do you guys think about active crossovers through the HU? I'm looking at this 80PRS thinking it might be cool. Thoughts?

Posted

The 80PRS's crossover system is pretty badass. There are quite a few of us on here using it to run active.

I was literally just handed my paycheck, I might order one up now.

Posted

I'm running the 80prs as well.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1089 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...