Second Skin Audio

joe x you still around?

81000D

Hugh knows his shit, you just gotta learn his attitude LOL. He and I habve butted heads quite a few times over the years.

Ask him directly what you want to know, and I'm sure he'll help.

I will say the above design isn't horrible, but looks like there is physical room for improvement.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Its not bashing him...

Ive said it several times already....

Half these people that do designs are just slapping crap together it seems.

I wouldnt trust half these people that charge a premium for designs, let alone ones that do it for free.

General rule of thumb for a slot port is to go the entire width or height of the box (depending on orientation).

This way your using more sides of the box for the port walls, its strengthening your baffle and sides or top and bottom of your enclosure depending on its orientation.

Further more its taking up less box displacement than a port that is in the middle of the box.

Best part is Sundown has optimal box sizes and dimensions on their website to download, as well as many other manufactures, and if they are not listed on their website, they are more than willing to give a person a hand if you email them.

Port efficiency has been a hot topic here the past few weeks, i've learned a lot, but Im no designer. How is it bashing when there has been plenty of info provided showing how ratio affects efficiency? Joe gives out free design, good for him.

I wasnt talking to you bro, this guy "Hugh" has even went on another thread trying to make him look bad without giving any tips on improvement... thats what I'm talking about..

unlike some folks who download a "calculator" and go around giving out "designs" with very minimal information to work with, i tend work based getting optimal performance as a result. i wont design enclosures for vehicles that i dont have sitting right here in front of me. it allows me to do my normal routine of figuring cabin volume, cabin wavelength, compensating for how close ports or woofers are to internal panels which allows me to tweak other aspects of the enclosure, and so on.

i dont do the regular average kid type of work.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I'm not in no way saying he doesn't know what he's talking about, but damn at least help out instead of trying to make somebody look bad... thats like you being in school and a college professor points at your paper and say "Thats wrong" and doesn't explain it to you knowing you have to take an exam on it.... its like why tf did you say something in the first place if you didn't plan on "HELPING." Like I said, Ik there are a lot of knowledgable ppl on here and that's what I like about the community, but step up and be a leader and help someone instead of a "funny guy."

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I dont know what Joe uses.

Nor do I know what Hugh uses, but im sure its something he paid for with his money and not the RE or Torres box calculator

But I know what I use, and the one program is $250 while the other program for more advanced work was another $150 (which a lot of people pirate) but I like keeping my software up to date.

Often times I run a box design through both programs to see if any inconsistencies arise, and figure out why long before a piece of wood even touches my table saw.

That being said, Im not about to step up and give away free designs.

And hugh did step up, he said it was a inefficient port design.

I dont know what Joe uses.

Nor do I know what Hugh uses, but im sure its something he paid for with his money and not the RE or Torres box calculator

But I know what I use, and the one program is $250 while the other program for more advanced work was another $150 (which a lot of people pirate) but I like keeping my software up to date.

Often times I run a box design through both programs to see if any inconsistencies arise, and figure out why long before a piece of wood even touches my table saw.

That being said, Im not about to step up and give away free designs.

And hugh did step up, he said it was a inefficient port design.

I feel what you're saying... that's cool... but stepping up isn't saying "inefficient." Correct it so that the owner and Joe knows better next time... How is he gonna learn by JUST saying "inefficient." and it's not just this thread that he went behind joe, that's how I know he was being a smartass

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

it's not just this thread that he went behind joe, that's how I know he was being a smartass

i have better things to do than sit around on the net and follow somw kid around looking for an excuse to make of them. i posted in multiple threads, which is nothing new. joe posted in multiple threads too, it just so happened this i followed his post in both. on any given day, i may follow up as many as 10 different people. joe isnt special in that respect.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

it's not just this thread that he went behind joe, that's how I know he was being a smartass

i have better things to do than sit around on the net and follow somw kid around looking for an excuse to make of them. i posted in multiple threads, which is nothing new. joe posted in multiple threads too, it just so happened this i followed his post in both. on any given day, i may follow up as many as 10 different people. joe isnt special in that respect.

I can dig it

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

I feel what you're saying... that's cool... but stepping up isn't saying "inefficient." Correct it so that the owner and Joe knows better next time... How is he gonna learn by JUST saying "inefficient." and it's not just this thread that he went behind joe, that's how I know he was being a smartass

Well Im not sure of the other threads you speak of where he went behind joes back.

However in this same woofer and enclosure sub forum Hugh has a PINNED post about port efficiency and its 3 or 4 pages long.

Now if Joe never seen it or read it thats not really Hughs fault, nor should Hugh have to explain himself over and over and over (which seems typical in forums)

Now If Joe was able to see this topic in the same subforum, he should of seen the topic Hugh has started which is located above this topic and being pinned its the first one on the subforum.

just my .02 though.

EDIT:

Here is a direct link to hughs post where he had explained himself.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189867-understanding-ports-a-lesson-in-dimensions-vs-efficiency/?hl=%20hugh

Archived