Second Skin Audio

Any cavalier owners here? how easy is to get it loud

A former teammate of mine had one with a pair of 15s that did a 153.1 on the dash sealed in NSPL. So there is quite a bit of potential there for sure. It didn't play music though, it was strictly a burp car.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Pretty loud. Built a system for my buddy with two IA DP 15's on two BC 2k's at .7 each, in a 7.4 cube net box, with like 80 sq in of port area.

Busted a 50 right out the gate with 3 of 4 coils hooked up. (forgot to hook up a coil after setting with DD-1, found out after we were home from metering.)

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Might have to watch this thread, I just picked up a 99 Rally Sport Coupe, which I'm needing to put a system into as well. As of now, it's stock fronts, no rear, Sony HU, Alpine amp, Infinity sub in a seal box. Leaves much to be desired, but it's... getting me by.

I'm not into high SPL builds though, so any input I'd have could well be moot at best.

Edit.

And yeah, tearing nearly the entire dash apart to replace the OEM HU sucks with these cars, done a couple before. Luckily, an aftermarket was already in the one I bought, so I was able to remove it from it's mounting sleeve, unhook/remove everything, and install my own.

It's a beater, so I'm not looking to put a lot into mine.

Sort of wish mine had manual locks/windows. I mean they're nice, especially with the remote to lock/unlock the car and pop the trunk, but they're a pain to replace and more prone to breaking. Already had to replace one door latch assembly, which is a salvage only part now.

Very interested to see the build when you have it all done.

You can ask anton miller if his cavy it´s loud ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived