To save you some time....

General idea of it is

- I had a stereo system that reached up to 154db. That would have been almost equaled to standing next to a jet engine, and that is no joke.

- I could have gone louder, but did not want to risk blowing windows out of my car and having to replace them with Plexi Glass

- Running a clean 1000 Watts from my Punch Amp to my Subs, and 800 Watts from a Kenwood Amp to my MB Quart and Boston Mids and Highs

To save you some time....

General idea of it is

- I had a stereo system that reached up to 154db. That would have been almost equaled to standing next to a jet engine, and that is no joke.

- I could have gone louder, but did not want to risk blowing windows out of my car and having to replace them with Plexi Glass

- Running a clean 1000 Watts from my Punch Amp to my Subs, and 800 Watts from a Kenwood Amp to my MB Quart and Boston Mids and Highs

I lost it at "A $150 Cap is better than a $150-$250 alternator"

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Newyork197, you know enough to be dangous, cause you don't know shit. Just popping off random stuff here and there. Sounds like you at one time had a regular run of the mill mide to late 90's system, and picked up some of the basics. BUT somehow think that makes you an expert. 60 amp fuse 154db not gonna happen. Never use 8ohms speakers luz. Ports are tuned, you don't just stick 3inch pvc pipe cut to 5 inches and call it a port. LULZ I'm done with this I could go on and on.

I typed up this reply, but I don't have facebook. Sucks I didn't realize that sooner.fml

I was running a Punch Amp (to full capacity), a Kenwood Amp (at mid capacity), 4 12 inch Bazooka Woofers in a custom box, Kenwood tweeters, and Boston and MB Quart Mids and Tweeters also. I had 2 guage wire with a 60 Amp Fuse under the hood, and a nice distribution block and cap in the back. I am one for clean, crisp, clear sound with absolutely no distortion. I can't deal with that distortion crap, not at all. I was raised to not allow it, and I will not let it be in any of my vehicles today.

6. Get a Lightning Cap for your stereo system if it is over 200 total watts. Add up the total wattage of your Amps, and get a cap that is rated for higher than the total watts of your system. This will prevent you from having to buy an alternator for your vehicle in less than a year. A $150 Cap is better than a $150-$250 alternator and $30 an hour labor charge every year.

9. As for speaker placement. If you have a hatchback, place your box with subwoofers facing up towards the glass. That way you will het another 4db (which is a pretty large amount) gain, because the glass acts like a bandpass enclosure.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

$150 Cap is better than a $200-$250 alt EVERY YEAR....... Here's a crazy thought though

how about you buy a $400 H/O alt ONCE and then you only have to pay for it ( you guessed it) ONCE.

Oh shit that makes too much logical sense. I should probably not say things like this on the internet.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

the whole setup is GHETTO. even through the crappy video recorder you can hear the distortion. i'd never install anything bigger than 12's. it's just too sloppy. I was spondored by MTX and I had 30 10's and hit 171.00 in the extreme class. they wouldn't put me in any lower classes because the amps were custom made by MTX to put out about 4500 watts each (10 amps total)

Archived