Sonic Electronix

I am not forcing anyone to set gain in any particular way, if they want to follow the method I spoke of or not, that's fine. If they opt to use a Scope or DD1, that's cool. If they want to play bass heavy music and set their gains with such, it's their choice.

I can go outside an see what my volume level my stereo distorts at to see if my ears hear different. I know what I heard it distort at when I installed it and I doubt it has changed. Hell, I don't even listen to it at the level it distorts at, it's too loud for me on a regular basis.

Again, this forum seems full of nothing but people into the competition scene and are so very concerned about getting every spec of power they can in hopes of gaining .01dB. And it seems most on here must drive around with their systems cranked to the maximum undistorted output all the time as well.

partially you are right, most of us do listen to our systems full volume. however i don't think most of us compete. But you are sending mixed messages here. Setting by ear is fine if you never intend on listening at full volumes. Most of us have far too much money invested in our equipment to hope that our ears heard things right when we use our systems to the max. A great majority of us over power our subs and rely on a clean signal to keep our subs safe.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

oh thats right because we are louder than a 140 its worthless to you right? thumb your nose at us who spend money because youre of such superior intellect

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I am not forcing anyone to set gain in any particular way, if they want to follow the method I spoke of or not, that's fine. If they opt to use a Scope or DD1, that's cool. If they want to play bass heavy music and set their gains with such, it's their choice.

I can go outside an see what my volume level my stereo distorts at to see if my ears hear different. I know what I heard it distort at when I installed it and I doubt it has changed. Hell, I don't even listen to it at the level it distorts at, it's too loud for me on a regular basis.

Again, this forum seems full of nothing but people into the competition scene and are so very concerned about getting every spec of power they can in hopes of gaining .01dB. And it seems most on here must drive around with their systems cranked to the maximum undistorted output all the time as well.

um, you are making no sense. I can set my gains properly with 50k watts and you know what, i have a VOLUME KNOB.

you are using gain as volume, i use volume as volume.

as for overpowering a speaker you can of course turn gain lower or use an external fader knob to compensate for that.

The DD-1 is set to display when it sense 1% THD, this is often audible to a persons ear. The use of a test tone which will play a single constant tone can make hearing the change in the tone fairly easy.

others dont have to worry about that shit, because tunning with an o-scope or a dd-1 is waay safer than by ear...also louder, because its set correctly...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

show me one scientific study that shows a person can hear 1 percent total harmonic distortion. give me a link or stop posting.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

show me one scientific study that shows a person can hear 1 percent total harmonic distortion. give me a link or stop posting.

well you know that won't happen

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

it seems most on here must drive around with their systems cranked to the maximum undistorted output all the time as well.

Whats wrong with that? Besides neighborhoods and at stoplights, keep it turned up.

i agree with you...cranking is needed sometimes....esspecially if you happen to be in teh traffic and the guy besides you is listening to some politics at higher volumes..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

well you know that won't happen

and we all know what happens then.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived