Sonic Electronix

TODAY STARTED OFF GOOD I GOT 30 FT OF 0GA GROUND WIRE FROM A FRIENDS SHOP YESTERDAY TODAY I RAN IT . AFTER I WAS FINISHED I WENT TO TEST SYSTEM OUT IT SOUNDED GOOD UNTIL I TURNED UP THE BASS . I HEARD A LOUD NOISE I WENT TO THE BED WHERE MY CUT THROUGH BOX IS AND HEARD WOOD VIBRATING I CHECKED THE BACK SIDES AND BACK OF THE BOX THEY FELT SOLID THEN I WENT INSIDE AND LOOKED INSIDE OF MY BOX AND NOTICED THAT THE NAILS THAT WERE SUPPOST TO HOLDING THE BOX TOGETHER WERE SNAPPED IN HALF AND THE BOTTOM OF BOX WAS VIBRATING (CHEAP FUCKEN HARBOR FREIGHT NAIL GUN AND NAILS) .SO I HAD TO REMOVE ALL OF MY AMPS AND OTHER STUFF TO REMOVE THE BOX .THE BOX HAS FOUR 12" SUBS AND IS F N HEAVY INSTEAD OF FIXING THE BOX AND PUTTING IT BACK IN I DECIDED TO PUT MY OTHER BOX WITH TWO JL 15W3S PORTED BACK IN IT INSTEAD AND IM GLAD I DID I FORGOT HOW GOOD AND LOW THEY HIT. IVE BEEN WANTING TO DO NEW SUBS FOR A WHILE BUT CANT DESIDE ON 12" OR 15" FI RE OR DC OR EVEN AA BUT I THINK THE ANSWER WILL BE NEW 15" SUBS FROM ONE OF THE FOUR WHICH IS EVER THE BEST DEAL. SO LONG STORY SHORT AFTER HOOKING EVERY THING BACK UP THE ENGINE NOISE PROBLEM I HAD BEFORE IS NOW GONE. :D:D

smdsig2.jpg

never trust nails in a box like that, wood glue and countersunk screws is the way to go.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

never trust nails in a box like that, wood glue and countersunk screws is the way to go.

Why? brad nailers/staplers are fine.

The nails aren't supposed to hold the box together, the glue is. The nails are supposed to hold it tight in place until the glue dries.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

if it only neaded glue not nails then the box wouldnt of blown apart im going to screw the hell out of it before i put it back in . i dont think glue will hold a box tegether with four twelves and 3000w.probally why steve and alot of other guys fiberglass there boxes cant just glue together :huh:

smdsig2.jpg

Guest MegaloManiac
if it only neaded glue not nails then the box wouldnt of blown apart im going to screw the hell out of it before i put it back in . i dont think glue will hold a box tegether with four twelves and 3000w.probally why steve and alot of other guys fiberglass there boxes cant just glue together :huh:

you'd be surprised how well wood glue holds together. You ever try ripping 2 pieces of wood that were glued together(with wood glue). It wont rip where the glue joint is at all. the wood itself would give in first....

16 -12's in a box just held together with glue. A few brad nails to hold it till the glue dries. A little bit more then 3000w too ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

No more than one screw about every four inches if you must. and pre drill your holes , or you are just asking for problems. And, yes these guys are right. Tite bond is stronger than any nail - once it dries and cures. Did you give everything time to set up and dry?

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties