80PRS 3way setup-What is the best way to configure it?

well, use mids for mids , highs for highs, low can be set to 250hz which can be used for mid bass and use the sub amp to set the sub crossover to like 80 or w/e.

or use low for subs mid for midbass and set it low and use the mid amp to control the highpass on mids..

well, use mids for mids , highs for highs, low can be set to 250hz which can be used for mid bass and use the sub amp to set the sub crossover to like 80 or w/e.

or use low for subs mid for midbass and set it low and use the mid amp to control the highpass on mids..

Appreciate it that actually may work better then what I was thinking. I am finally getting some time this weekend (I usually drive about 6 hours every weekend) to work on shit so I am going to throw it in the car and figure it out a bit.

I have a spare bullshit kenwood amp that I could at least test with. Just going to take some time.

Well, i can help you out, no need to get mad at me. But you really do need to learn this headunit thoroughly. It has a million options, and very poorly desing menus and controls.

It can do a lot of things, but proper planning is more important than any setting on this headunit.

I might come off as an ass sometimes but i just dont sugar coat things.

I don't understand why you would even try to use a active 3-way if you probably don't even know how to do a proper 2way install..

I'd say you"ll have to go back to 2way and mess around with that before jumping in this pool of a shithole(too many things that can go wrong and not knowing what everything does exactly) that is a proper 3way.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Well, i can help you out, no need to get mad at me. But you really do need to learn this headunit thoroughly. It has a million options, and very poorly desing menus and controls.

It can do a lot of things, but proper planning is more important than any setting on this headunit.

I might come off as an ass sometimes but i just dont sugar coat things.

Yeah this thing can be a pain to figure out. I've seen a couple walkthroughs around however that will give you a good idea how the networks work before you start messing with it.

Active setups should never be attempted without the use of an RTA to set levels. Just like you need the proper tool to set gain, you need the proper tool to set the correct levels for each driver, otherwise you are just guessing.

Active setups should never be attempted without the use of an RTA to set levels. Just like you need the proper tool to set gain, you need the proper tool to set the correct levels for each driver, otherwise you are just guessing.

totally agree. I was looking at the Dayton Omnimic for RTA and in car freq response thats why I wanted to run active because I could tweak it more then passive and I hate building passive crossovers.

Since the setup got more complicated and I ended up going in a different direction I am going to use free software (dunno which specifically yet REW/WinISD etc) and a dayton measurement mic instead.

What? Now this is totally ridiculous, do you tune for it to sound good for your ears or do you tune it for some stupid graph?

(Just like you don't need a "tool" to set gains, except if you lack decent hearing or a nose that can smell burnt coil)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

What? Now this is totally ridiculous, do you tune for it to sound good for your ears or do you tune it for some stupid graph?

(Just like you don't need a "tool" to set gains, except if you lack decent hearing or a nose that can smell burnt coil)

...you're a fucking idiot. Good job.

Glad so many people wasted their money on tools that SMD sells or oscopes or RTA tools or calibration mics.They're all fucking morons for using those tools they should have just asked you to come over and they would have been good. Fuck off and die.

If you were being sarcastic I don't care you're still an idiot for wasting peoples time.

Ran active in my last 2 set ups. Current one included.

Only time I've see a RTA is when I'm doing my pysclone comp runs.

I score in the 80's and if I kept it where I score high it sounds like complete shit.

Purely flat responce sounds like ass.

Just my .02

Archived