Sonic Electronix

Best bang for the buck brands?

I don't feel Sundown is really on the pricey side. You can find much more expensive brands out there.

But if you have a smallish budget, any brand can sound good. Focus on the install, and be sure to get a god box for the subs.

If you want to save money, get the speakers you like, and save on the amplifiers, save on the power.

Just my 2 cts ;-)

Now that I think about it, you are correct. 1200$ for 3000rms isn't bad. They are an average priced company. But definitely not budget. You could probably get 1500watts more of the same or better quality for slightly cheaper. In car audio, budget brands will be the ones who sell straight from the factory without reps.

Rockford can be budget friendly when it comes to amps. The prime series has been tested on the amp dyno doing over rated. The 1200.1 has like a 90% efficiency rating. Makes power and doesn't take much of an electrical upgrade. Punch door speakers aren't the worst either. Some ccf and a little dampener can yield good results.

The best bang for buck you will get in car audio

1. Knowledge, its free just have to research.

2. Buy an 8 or 10 and build and rebuild boxes. Gives you experience and if do e right you can build 3-4 (bare wood) boxes for $50-60. Can lead a lot about boxes and your cars response to different designs.

3. Realizing that car audio isn't cheap to do it right.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Rockford can be budget friendly when it comes to amps. The prime series has been tested on the amp dyno doing over rated. The 1200.1 has like a 90% efficiency rating. Makes power and doesn't take much of an electrical upgrade. Punch door speakers aren't the worst either. Some ccf and a little dampener can yield good results.

The best bang for buck you will get in car audio

1. Knowledge, its free just have to research.

2. Buy an 8 or 10 and build and rebuild boxes. Gives you experience and if do e right you can build 3-4 (bare wood) boxes for $50-60. Can lead a lot about boxes and your cars response to different designs.

3. Realizing that car audio isn't cheap to do it right.

Not to fond of them hot prime amps. They aren't a bad value, however you can still find double the power for the same price of the same or better quality. And I say better quality because I'm comparing Rockford's cheapest 500 watt amp to a high end 750/1000 watt amp.

I like the bang a 30.06 rifle makes when hunting bucks

bwahaha. I also enjoy a good 270

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

How do you define performance?

Is it how well they sound? Is it the acoustic properties of the speaker that make it sound "better" than the others?

Is it how much power or how efficient or motor force or size or dampening?

If your getting my point so far you will understand that there is no "bang for your buck" in audio.

Treat audio like you would a painting, well. Buying bad equipment is like looking at a painting that is being displayed in a trash can.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

You can find the prime 1200.1 for as low as $225-250. 90% efficiency and the ability to do more the rated. Not many amps can touch that. They are impressive amps for the money.

Best bang for buck to me means

1. Dependable

2. Makes rated power

3. Good sound

4. Decent efficiency

5. Budget friendly which I put last because you have to pay to play. This is a big no hobby work hard pay out and play hard.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

^ no it has to be a Picasso.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Treat audio like you would a painting, well. Buying bad equipment is like looking at a painting that is being displayed in a trash can.

So as long as it looks nice and flashy it's good?

as long as it costs alot its good

jks

Archived