Nice Sounding/Loud tweeters and 6x9s

Jon Tyler

I have a pair of these:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_71954_NVX-VSP69.html

They are very loud and clear even with my sub in the back. I installed speaker baffles to stop pressure from hitting the back of the 6x9 cone and a lot of sound deadening on the rear deck.

Bump for what he said, my brother in law is running nvx's and says he loves them and I know the baffles in the back deck of my car helped

1994 Ford bronco

Infininti kappa 4 channel driving a pair of reference 6.5s and a pair of 6x8 kappas

downfiring console w/ a pair of image dynamic 8s on a memphis 250.1

1999 Honda Civic Si

front doors- image dynamics ctx 6" coaxial with ID tweets

Back deck- Image Dynamics ctx 6x9" coaxials

Bass- PSI platform 1 12" in a 4th order tuned to 39hz

Amps- CT sounds 60.4 highs and mids, Ampere Audio 1k bass

Power- Big 3 upgrade, second juicebox 50ah battery, sky high 1/0, skyhigh battery terminals

What does this thread do in the SQ section?

6x9's aren't meant for sound quality.

if you want loud, get pro audio mids and tweets.

1200w? i was able to hear song lyrics clearly with like 160w on the mids and highs with 1200w on the substage.

guy i know has a single selenium tweet and 6.5 in each door and you can hear the music with him demoing 157's.

What you mean is that there are no quality 6x9's available. (shape of the cone has nothing to do with the sound)

Don't put any speakers in the rear deck.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You're better off duct taping some radioshack coaxials anywhere in the front of the car than spending any amount of money on rear speakers. Yes we can hear behind us, but look at the shape of the ear. Humans are optimized to hear sounds from in front of them.

What you mean is that there are no quality 6x9's available. (shape of the cone has nothing to do with the sound)

I have to agree with this ...

I've heard some really nice sounding 6x9s in my day for sure.

In fact, I have a few old schoolers in the closet somewhere that I wouldn't trade even swap for most of todays components and loud speakers ...

Back in the day when most of us rode in Montes, Cutlass, Regals, Ext ...

Those 6x9s installed in the rear decks on amplifiers would practically out perform most trunk setups today (musically - back when people took pride on music and not think that when shit rattles, vibrates, and blows up hair "sounds good") ...

Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You're better off duct taping some radioshack coaxials anywhere in the front of the car than spending any amount of money on rear speakers. Yes we can hear behind us, but look at the shape of the ear. Humans are optimized to hear sounds from in front of them.

What about rear ambience ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I have to agree with this ...

I've heard some really nice sounding 6x9s in my day for sure.

In fact, I have a few old schoolers in the closet somewhere that I wouldn't trade even swap for most of todays components and loud speakers ...

Back in the day when most of us rode in Montes, Cutlass, Regals, Ext ...

Those 6x9s installed in the rear decks on amplifiers would practically out perform most trunk setups today (musically - back when people took pride on music and not think that when shit rattles, vibrates, and blows up hair "sounds good") ...

Just saying

I had a pair of blaupunkt 6"x9"s in like '95 that I loved. Crammed into a 4"x10" hole. Jigsaws ftw.

Good for movies?

Good for movies?
Absolutely

I feel like some of you guys under appreciate how important a good rear fill is as far as sound quality, for a truely good sq system you shouldnt hear music from one direction, the music should surround you and hear different instruments coming from different directions, not just music blasting at you from one direction. And their are some great quality 6x9s out there and they have almost as much effective cone area as an 8" midrange so they do provide good midbass

1994 Ford bronco

Infininti kappa 4 channel driving a pair of reference 6.5s and a pair of 6x8 kappas

downfiring console w/ a pair of image dynamic 8s on a memphis 250.1

1999 Honda Civic Si

front doors- image dynamics ctx 6" coaxial with ID tweets

Back deck- Image Dynamics ctx 6x9" coaxials

Bass- PSI platform 1 12" in a 4th order tuned to 39hz

Amps- CT sounds 60.4 highs and mids, Ampere Audio 1k bass

Power- Big 3 upgrade, second juicebox 50ah battery, sky high 1/0, skyhigh battery terminals

Archived