cant find HO alt for my car! 1994 nissan altima

i have checked quite a few places and cant find a HO for my 1994 nissan altima. i am trying to power the orion hcca with a hifonics brutus 2600bxi at 2 ohms its rated at 1750 rms at 2 ohms but i heard thats only if your running 15 volts to it. .

i just did that big 3 today. before the big 3 my battery was only getting 13.6 volts now its getting 14.18 and the alternator is putting off 14.2

my voltage drop is pretty crazy id say i dont have the amps gain all the way up and when theres songs with constant bass its drops to low 11s and a few songs high 10s. i know this is putting a lot of stress on that amp cause its been getting pretty warm after playin loud for 30min or more.

Want to get a way lower voltage drop. should i buy a HO alternator. im pretty sure the stock one its only 80 amp. and i cant find any websites that sell one for the nissan altima 1994. PLEASE post me a link cheap as possible please something over 200 amps

or could i get a second battery i have been looking at the xs power ones and i seen there is are some 16 and 14 volt ones and tons of 12 volt ones. could i even get the 14 volt or 16 volt one

so basicly do i get a HO alternator IF so please please help me search cant find one anywhere

or do i buy a ssecond battery

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

i just dound that mechman has univeral alternators! they are hella expensive thou but do you think that they would fit an 1994 nissan

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

i just found 1 actuallly on mechmans website but its 550$ for 240 amp that seems outragous im looking to spend 300

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

You have to pay to play or you will end up burning up your equipment. Currently you are on the path to broken equipment dropping into the high 10s.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

How are your gains set? Using any form of bass boost? Loudness feature on the deck?

Clipping can create issues with electrical to. Getting everything setup right might help.

Check with singer alternators, dc, and give mechman a call. Maybe they can get you something a bit smaller then the 240amp unit.

Like already said though pay to play. This is an expensive hobby to do it right and could cost more if done wrong.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

$550 for a mechman 240a alt is great price, especially if it fits your 20 year old car

it will actually have an output of 240 amps (or more) and provide ample power while your car idles (normal driving)

those ebay alts are shit....probably wont make the power they say, and provide almost no power at idle (while driving...)

Cheap Solution - turn down your volume

Expensive Solution - buy ebay alt, break amp, possibly damage car electronics when starved for power, buy replacement equipment, buy proper alt later

Recommended Solution - buy an appropriate alt from Mechman, DC, Singer, or Ohio Generators for your vehicle and you're done

contact any of those 4 companies and they'll be able to tell you more about alts for your car than anyone here could dream of knowing :ninja:

oh and just for giggles....ask them why not just get the cheap ebay alt....bet they rage haha

i have a mechman 240 alt that i have sitting collecting dust that i had for my 2002 honda acoord before the tranny took a 2nd shit.. idk if you could custom make a bracket for it to fit

20140901_101857_zpsuvllsxo3.jpg

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

i have a mechman 240 alt that i have sitting collecting dust that i had for my 2002 honda acoord before the tranny took a 2nd shit.. idk if you could custom make a bracket for it to fit

Read them rules first.

OP, $550 for a Mechman alternator is pretty standard price but the quality is excellent.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Not saying mechman is bad by no means but I bought one for my 96 altima. Even bought the voltage regulator for it. Everything worked great unless I was on the highway and got the car over 3500 rpms. The voltage would drop like crazy. Lights dim and everything. Even with the radio off. Sent it back once but they said nothing was wrong with it. Not sure if Nissan just can't handle the power when it kicks in or what. But I never had a voltage issue under 3500 rpms.

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

Archived