80prs going active

I am finally going to switch it over tomorrow morning and I just want to make sure I am doing this right. I did some googling and looked at the manual first I promise so this should be correct. Setup is this: Headunit powers tweets, amp for mids, amp for sub.

Six RCAs on the back like this:

O O = Nothing (highs amp if applicable)

O O = Mids amp

O O = Sub amp

and then on the wiring harness Green/Green Black and Violet/Violet Black to highs.

Read the manual man, it will save you a lot of headaches down the road. You have the RCA's right. The HU has an option to power off the internal amp, it's not automatic.

Edit: I think you're looking at the installation manual. Also make sure you get and read the operation manual. You need both. I learned the hard way too.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Internal amp stays on, you have to go into hu settings (like clock date time) to turn off the internal amp. front doors are mid rear doors are tweets.

To use tweets off the deck you have to run new wire from the deck to the front doors (or find the stock wires running from behind the dad to the rear doors to tap into them) for the rear speaker output(highs in network mode)

I don't remember of the top of my head but i do believe you have the RCA outputs correct. Imo double or triple check, one if those measure twice cut once things.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah I am looking at both manuals. The wording is kind of strange. It is very clear on what the RCA outputs go to when not using the internal amp, and it is very clear on what the speaker outs go to when you are using the internal amp, but it doesn't say anything about using a combination of both. I am fine with running some new wires, I planned on that and have more than enough lying around. It's just a question of can I do this or not. I have a third amp in the closet but using a 125X2 RMS amp on tweets that need 15w RMS even if I dial it way the hell down seems kind of silly if I don't have to. I wanted to use that amp in my wife's car too.

Yeah that is what I am saying. I am looking at both manuals and this is what I have found:

If running without internal amp

(RCAs)

O O = Highs

O O = Mids

O O = Lows

If running with internal amp

Green/Violet = Highs

Grey/White = Mids

RCA Sub Out ONLY = Lows (same as above)

There is absolutely zero mention of using the type of setup I am talking about. It SEEMS like you are supposed to assume that with the internal amp ON you have the OPTION of using the speaker outs listed but the RCA outs are still active. While with the internal amp off, you must use all RCAs. It doesn't specifically say so however.

Forgive me for asking, but I must as I have never dealt with them before, If I call Pioneer tech support am I going to get some guy reading a script or is someone actually going to know the answer? Judging from random forum posts I have been reading while researching this issue people have been getting conflicting answers from them. Tech support is saying it's not possible while some other guy is chiming in saying yes it is that's how I run it! While in other threads tech support is saying it is possible.

Archived