Fiberglass experts.. question.

I did some searching but could not find anything so I am going to ask a couple questions.

1. I was wanting to keep my back seats in my truck but I had a thought why not make a fiberglass mold of the back seat then make the whole back seat the enclosure. What would the process be on molding a big area or how would you tackle it.

2. This may be a stupid question but I will ask anyway because I do not know has anyone ever tried to use fiberglass resin over plastidip?

Wrong section bro, should have posted in here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/15-fabrication-fiberglass-etc/

Why not build it using mdf and use upholstery foam for the top part where the seats would go....

Lots and lots and lots and lots of tape then fiberglass over?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Lots of blue painters tape, cover areas with plastic bags so it doesnt get all over, lay down yer mat, ( I find its easy to spray adhesive areas that the mat will fall down so it stays on sides and tops ) lay down yer fiberglass, repeat few times for strength, peel off, trim, and add your rings for your subs, then fleece over and fiberglass er and trim it all nice, bondo the shit outta it, sand smooth, vinyl or paint...I believe that is how she is done in simple explanation. I wanted to do it to mine, so i read a bit. And from what i gathered, thats how you do it.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Archived