Sundown Audio

SQ 2200.1D

Totalnoob

I wouldn't worry about the test. To be honest, considering box rise and all that other shit I don't know about and you don't know about, those test results don't mean shit to us. Just trust me when I say if you get a SQ amp you will be happy.

x2

yeah true if it can get loud and clean i would be happy! its just that i never spent $430 on an amp before and i want to make sure and get my moneys worth. Beats paying $615 for a dc 2k lol your pretty much paying for the name right?

I can tell you this because my subs are magnets out, hifonics brutus elite 2500 made my sub magnets hot as shit. I might've been clipping but the gain wasn't up all the way for whatever that's worth. With Sq 2200 when I had just 1 my magnets didn't get that hot and it was louder. Plus the hifonics caused a much more significant voltage drop than the SQ2200

I wouldn't worry about the test. To be honest, considering box rise and all that other shit I don't know about and you don't know about, those test results don't mean shit to us. Just trust me when I say if you get a SQ amp you will be happy.

x2

yeah true if it can get loud and clean i would be happy! its just that i never spent $430 on an amp before and i want to make sure and get my moneys worth. Beats paying $615 for a dc 2k lol your pretty much paying for the name right?

Best $430 I've spent.. I've always ran crappy amps (Hifonics, Sony, Planet Audio, etc..) and am more than happy with my 2200D. Beats the piss out of my SA 15's.. Can't decide if I'm going to just get another one and strap em for my next build, or pull the trigger on a Sundown SCV 3k. I'd like to see what it does on 14v..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

I'll say this much. I am satisfied with my 2200 compared to a CT sounds 3k. ([email protected]) Granted that 3k was really overpowering my subs and really wasn't doing much more than adding heat to the coils.

Was it louder than the 2200? yes. Was it worth the price justification from my 2200 to the 3k? To me yes. Maybe if I had the HDC series it would have been a different story.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I'll say this much. I am satisfied with my 2200 compared to a CT sounds 3k. ([email protected]) Granted that 3k was really overpowering my subs and really wasn't doing much more than adding heat to the coils.

Was it louder than the 2200? yes. Was it worth the price justification from my 2200 to the 3k? To me yes. Maybe if I had the HDC series it would have been a different story.

How is the sound quality on the 2200 over the 3k

SQ3500 are gonna be my next amps.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived