Are we people who like things in excess?

Buy once cry once. I was raised to never do anything halfassed.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I have thought this exact same thing after reading numerous different topic threads on this site so I would have to agree with you and most others.

As for answering for myself yes.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

excess and normal are relative terms.

Buying the best you can afford is nothing out of the ordinary for most humans.

Buying more than you can afford is a plague on our society

Keeping up with the Jones' that live next door to you is one thing

Keeping up with the Jones' in other zip codes, well you better know what zip code your in cause while they may not take American Express your Visa may not have a high enough credit limit!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

The way i see it is why the hell not...

If I'm passionate about something I'm gonna do it to whatever point suits me, I'm proud of my hobby and i thing it sets me apart from other people (in a good way) and I like that. I just wish kids my age with sound systems didn't have the reputation they have of blowing money on stupid things and just being annoying, when in reality people who really get into car audio know its not about who is the loudest one at the stop light and more about the enjoyment you get out of building the system and taking it to shows and talking to people who like the same things. I always say at least I have a constructive hobby where I learn a lot, it could be a lot worse.

Yes. But it's a good thing. Without the want for more there would be no innovation. Just for clarification by "we" do you mean we as men, we as Americans? We as audiophiles, we as SMD members?

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

We need to define the difference between excess and extreme.

As ROLEX pointed out people living beyond their means and living in excess is a plague on america.

The stereo in my van is considered extreme to the average person. (not at all extreme by SMD standards!)

I'm a cheap penny pinching bastard, but I will build one hell of a system. I spend crazy amounts of time and money buying just the right parts for my r/c cars.

I dive head first into hobbies and learn as much as I can and take pride in knowing what I did is better than average.

I am certainly extreme. I wouldn't say excessive.

Excessive is n8's crazy bat collection...

Archived