_paralyzed_ Posted September 18, 2014 Report Posted September 18, 2014 My ported box tuning is 35Hz. My crossover slope is 24db/octave. What do I set my sub(infra)sonic filter at?
MrSkippyJ Posted September 18, 2014 Report Posted September 18, 2014 Wouldn't 1/2 an octave be 30hz? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
White Lightning Posted September 18, 2014 Report Posted September 18, 2014 My ported box tuning is 35Hz. My crossover slope is 24db/octave. What do I set my sub(infra)sonic filter at? Why slope so steep ?? I norm run 12db. Not saying anything's wrong ... Just asking. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
_paralyzed_ Posted September 18, 2014 Author Report Posted September 18, 2014 My ported box tuning is 35Hz. My crossover slope is 24db/octave. What do I set my sub(infra)sonic filter at? Why slope so steep ?? I norm run 12db. Not saying anything's wrong ... Just asking. I was mistaken, it is 12db/octave, I double checked the manual. It's a crossfire cfa-1000d, it's a fixed slope. So, still half an octave down? Someone please just give me a number! So far 26 and 30 have been said, who's right? Box is tuned to 35. 12db/octave slope. Thanks for all your help today Cablguy184.
GSanders17 Posted September 18, 2014 Report Posted September 18, 2014 26 would be a half octave lower
SlamminBeats Posted September 18, 2014 Report Posted September 18, 2014 Wouldn't 1/2 an octave be 30hz? how? 35/2/2 = 8.75 35-8.75 = 26.25 hz
SlamminBeats Posted September 18, 2014 Report Posted September 18, 2014 i like to think theres more factors when trying to play below tuning. but if your triyng to set it one half octave below tuning then 26hz is where you should set it but if im not mistaken that doesn't mean 26hz is safe full tilt.
gckless Posted September 18, 2014 Report Posted September 18, 2014 Full tilt I wouldn't go more than 5-7Hz down until you really know your equipment. Just IMO. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
_paralyzed_ Posted September 18, 2014 Author Report Posted September 18, 2014 Thanks for the help guys.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.