why does the meter hurt peoples' feelings

noobslayer77

I was aiming for a 155 with my first wall, did a 158 with no engine. Talk about being excited.

Also, I think know many people that get their feelings hurt? I think that's a kinda harsh statement or assumption. Most of any basshead I know simply gets louder after their first meter. It's a stepping stone, more helpful than harm. It gives the user an idea of where he stands, at that point, makes the adjustments of how to improve.

I know. I didnt mean it to be a harsh statement. I've just heard that alot of people think their system is loud until they get it metered, and are really dissapointed.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

In the past month, I've seen a LOT of butt hurt over the meter.. smh, I just think to myself... "It can't be that serious!!!" Build it to enjoy it for you... If you get what you want on the meter: great!! If not, so be it.. and 9/10 ppl who get butt hurt over the meter have a NICE and MUSICAL setup with good bandwidth and play with authority, yet cry over numbers... smh

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I got a 145.2 in my prerun, but ended up with a 144.7, won 1st in my class, got the phat 15, and won 20 bucks, best first comp ever, I was very happy. Hdc3 15 on aq 2200@ 1 ohm.

'11, '12, '13, and '14 Meca Street 2 AL State Champ

AL Meca Street 2 Record Holder(151.6)

2012 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 3rd Place(148.7)

2013 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 2nd Place(151.1)

I'm curious what my build would meter, considering it's fairly low powered, but I'm not one to go chasing numbers.

Chasing SPL is like chasing dyno numbers for guys into modifying their cars. Some guys get so obsessed with that magical peak horsepower number they end up in a car that drives like shit and isn't fun anymore because it makes XXX horsepower in a really narrow powerband, but they gave up power everywhere else chasing numbers. If that's your thing, more power to you, just gotta know that's the compromise you're potentially making.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Build it and enjoy it. If you're satisfied with how it sounds, the meter don't mean shit.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Its just another challenge for some.

Im a failure in more ways than one on my build.....

I will say, it seems there is a point, where, the better meter score, seems to lack in playablility. ..... :shrug:

There is a nice middle ground though.... i havent found it, lol, but,... Builds like Hoss's ford, Tims blazer.... great musical, and meter just fine.

Mine meters decent but doesn't sound loud to me

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Its just another challenge for some.

Im a failure in more ways than one on my build.....

I will say, it seems there is a point, where, the better meter score, seems to lack in playablility. ..... :shrug:

There is a nice middle ground though.... i havent found it, lol, but,... Builds like Hoss's ford, Tims blazer.... great musical, and meter just fine.

Thanks homie, with the xfls it did a 150 from 22-48hz and a 55 from 31-44hz peaking at 38 with a 58.9 wired down and a 57.1 at 1 ohm.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Here's what I really don't get: many times a setup that sounds awesome on music is looked down on once people hear what it did on the meter and it wasn't what they expected for some reason. Like it somehow sounds worse just because they learned the TL score.

Fuck the meter, I listen to music.

Shit, often it's not even a good comparison for musical builds. Ever hear a 150 in two different vehicles on music and it was totally different?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived