SundownZ71 Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 I have a SA-15 on a CT sounds 500.1 (roughly 700 watts) in a 4 cube box tuned to 32 hz. Mostly every song (mostly decaf) I listen to the clip light flutters or stays lit on the gain knob, I've been told not to pay attention to it, but when the light stays on I start to smell something not necessarily burning but something getting hot. Gain on the amp is only half way. Should I be worried about anything?
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 How did you set your gain? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
SIDE SHOW Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 turn it down, set gain correctly, throw bass knob in the bin
SundownZ71 Posted September 26, 2014 Author Report Posted September 26, 2014 How did you set your gain?I got a shop to do all of it. They are one of the best in my area, but do it by ear...
everybodyknowme Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 Turning it half way up says nothing without knowing what the source output is but by your description you need to reset your gain.
FknCrawler Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 How did you set your gain?I got a shop to do all of it. They are one of the best in my area, but do it by ear... Reset the gain. Find someone near you that has a DD-1 or O-scope. 1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback K24a2 Swap
SundownZ71 Posted September 26, 2014 Author Report Posted September 26, 2014 How did you set your gain?I got a shop to do all of it. They are one of the best in my area, but do it by ear... Reset the gain. Find someone near you that has a DD-1 or O-scope. Alright thanks
SIDE SHOW Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 also set you eq to flat, turn your bassboost and loud off ect. have you changed anything since you got the car back from the shop that set it all up?
SundownZ71 Posted September 26, 2014 Author Report Posted September 26, 2014 also set you eq to flat, turn your bassboost and loud off ect. have you changed anything since you got the car back from the shop that set it all up?I got a new head unit because the last one only had 2v and my new pioneer has 5, everything on the head unit is flat except for the sub level which is at full (6)
MrSkippyJ Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 and they "set" the gain with the old headunit? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.