My $188.00 SQ'ish set up!

Deeznutz

Btw, I ran my image dynamics components with a 175.4 and they took it like champs. Speakers are usually good with clean power it's when they receive a shitty signal that they go poof

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

You should have no problems running that amplifier active on your components.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

I've been playing around with the head unit. I am missing the microphone to do the EQ cabin measurement. The manual does not specify the actual model # for the microphone but looks like the faceplate has a 2.0mm (?) plug for it and not a 3.5mm. If anyone knows the model # for it, that would be great to know!

I have to say, this head unit is absolutely outstanding!!

IMAG0268_zps9cd24edf.jpg

I found a blog www.carstereochick.com. There I found info on setting an EQ. The author recommended tweaking 250Hz, 2.5Khz and 8Khz to get rid of the some of the harshness from the car cabin environment. I tweaked the 13 Band EQ, tweaked the BBE, and the TA.........Damn!, and to think all that stuff about "sitting center stage" was a marketing gimmick!

The sound is simply amaging. The imaging....incredible.

The BBE feature brings a LIVE CD to life.

The factory time alignment was way off. I measured from the driver's headrest to all 4 speaker locations....... after adjusting the distance.

WOW!!!

IMAG0267_zps823607da.jpg

I close my eyes (while in the garage) and it was like Pearl Jam's Eddy Vedder (Album "LIVE On two legs") was singing from the level of my dashboard!!!

I have yet to install the I.D.'s or pick up the Phoenix Gold Elite.4. I have til Dec 17th to pick up the amp.

Anyway, if you're reading this, and are into SQ, one of these head units are a must have. I'm still smiling and kicking myself for not owning one when I was younger!

-Frank

Nice... Glad your happy with that HU. Great find at a Hella low price. I would like to see those door panels up close! what do you have going on behind they? I likey!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice... Glad your happy with that HU. Great find at a Hella low price. I would like to see those door panels up close! what do you have going on behind they? I likey!

Old School Eclipse SC8264 component woofer. The pods stick out ALOT, and would have to re-do them sooner or later. I would have to cut into the panel to regain something like 3-4" clearance. I built the pod with the intention of NOT cutting into the panel, but these woofers have deep magnet structures. Live and learn. Will start my rebuild after Xmas.

-Frank

• 5 weeks later...

I've always liked the ID components. Currently running a low power CXS62 v1 active setup in my little Scion xA hatch. Source is an Eclipse CD7000 deck, powered by an a/d/s PowerPlate 415 (~35wx4). Tiny little amp, but puts out some clean power at 2 ohm. I've pushed the 2ohm sets with up to 300wpc, and, with clean unclipped, undistorted signal, responsible gains, I could get them as loud as I could tolerate. My ears said no before the speakers did. (The 300w x2 was using the passives, however.)

Good stuff man.

What are the xover slopes on the Pioneer? I know getting the slopes and points for any active setup can be difficult. I had a lengthy email discussion going with Eric from ID years back when I first considered going active. Too bad he's no longer there. Great guy. I haven't tried any of the ID stuff since the buyout and ownership change.

-=- 2011 Camaro 1LT RS -=- Boston G510-44 X3 -=- Boston GT22 -=- Boston GT40 -=-

-=- 2006 Scion XA -=- Eclipse CD7000 -=- A/D/S PowerPlate 415 -=- ID CXS62 -=-

Archived